• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Unclaimed property

Nimrod

Degenerate Jeeper
NAXJA Member
Every now and the I go into the State of California's unclaimed property website to see if there's anything there for me or friends or relatives. This morning, I found that money from a dormant bank account of my grandmother had been turned over to the state. She died 20 years ago but I'd never thought to run her name before. So the State Controller's probably been hanging onto that money interest-free for a long time. Anyway, my mom will follow up on that and claim the money for the estate beneficiaries. I also found $842 for a buddy of mine just now.

Anyway, this is just a friendly suggestion that if you haven't done so recently, you should check to see if the State Controller is holding onto any of your money. Here's the link: https://ucpi.sco.ca.gov/ucp/Default.aspx

If you find anything for yourself or anyone else, I'd be interested in knowing about it. So post up if you're so inclined. Good hunting!

Found 47 cents for my dad. How much are stamps these days?

You can apply on line, but 47 cents is still not worth the effort. I have two items from Sallie Mae worth a penny apiece. Been in the database for many, many years. They can keep my two cents.

one of the owners at the office has $8 available...lol

YESSSSSSSS! The TUMB!!!! And you know what you can do with it.

:spin1:
:thumbup:

Not my thumb of course. Someone else's.

:party:

found several claims for my dad. a few i know for a fact are him, adding up to about $25. a couple more may or may not be him and are another grand or so.

started throwing friends names in there.

a couple of you guys are owed a good bit of cash.

sent emails and texts off to people about it.

thanks Al!

Glad to be of service.

I found one familiar name with a Torrance address. But it could be just some random jerk with the same name as someone else who lives in the same town.

I salute you sir.

Grandfather passed a few years ago. Several items totalling over $3k!

Also found $550 for my uncle!

Sadly nothing for me :(

Nice! I check this fairly regularly, someone needs to tell (former?) actor Lee Horsley that he has $27 in 4 unclaimed funds accounts... Matt Houston might not have needed the money, but Lee Horsley might!

Just farting around this morning I ran my aunt using her maiden name, which I'd never thought to do before. Found over $18,000 worth of stock shares that have been turned over to the state. I haven't called her yet.

So it can pay to go back and check periodically.

BTW, Lee Horsley hasn't claimed his money yet. But since I don't know him, he's on his own.

Back