• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody in NorCo have a MT2500?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
While I have been working on breaking the codes for the Renix computer, I don't have time to work on it at the moment and I have a problem.

Over time my rig's mileage has gone to crap and the power is down. I finally got a minute to rewire the air fuel ratio gauge back up. When driving, it randomly seems to drop out of closed loop mode and the AFR goes from 13.5-14 down to 10.0. It does not seem to be associated with engine temp or load. I will work on debugging what is causing the problem, but a MT2500 like I used to have would make short work of it.

While I have been working on breaking the codes for the Renix computer, I don't have time to work on it at the moment and I have a problem.

Over time my rig's mileage has gone to crap and the power is down. I finally got a minute to rewire the air fuel ratio gauge back up. When driving, it randomly seems to drop out of closed loop mode and the AFR goes from 13.5-14 down to 10.0. It does not seem to be associated with engine temp or load. I will work on debugging what is causing the problem, but a MT2500 like I used to have would make short work of it.

As it turns out, it appears that the Renix computer can't adjust the injector widths very well. I was trying to narrow the injector pulse width to make it run leaner by spoofing the MAP voltage. It appears that if you spoof it too much, the computer gets mixed up and makes it drop out of closed loop.

I went with smaller injectors and all is well. It almost never drops out of closed loop and if it does it goes back to closed loop in a few seconds. It passed emissions at less than half of the allowable levels.

Back