• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emission requirement 4.7 Stroker 93 xj

Biscuit1

NAXJA Forum User
Swapping 4.o for Titan 4.7 Stroker Engine in a '93 two door xj for street and off-road. I don't know if I can pass an emission test? I live in Virginia? Any experience no matter your state would be appreciated.

I built my stroker almost 20 years ago. It has always passed emissions cleaner than a new vehicle. The key is in how it is set up. I run 10.4 static compression and cut the quench height to .045". It has an aggressive RV cam and has a bored throttle body and headers and a 2.5" exhaust.

I have over 200k miles on it now. I just pulled my teardrop off road trailer on a weekend in the mountains of Colorado and over 6 mountain passes and camped at 12,000 feet elevation. I averaged 16 mpg over the whole trip.

The key is tuning. I run an AFR and have adjusted the fuel mixture to optimum using different injectors and a MAP adjuster. I get 20 mpg on the highway. If I had to do it over again, instead of this I would probably use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.

I highly recommend an AFR on a stroker. I have seen too many self destruct because the fuel air ratio gets out of whack and burns up the motor.

Back