• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I,m Done....

Wayne Sihler

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Today at 2:40 pm I clocked out of my job of 43+ years for the last time.
Co-workers threw a party,several brought gifts,plenty of food and deserts(sp).
The cake featured a Jeep with my clock # as the license plate,they also gave me a cane featuring a bike horn,pill case,change purse and a mirror on the bottom ?
life will now be different.......

Hell yeah, don't waste anytime....get out there and do everything you've always wanted to (or at least as much as funds allow ;) ).

Congrats!

Congratulations.

We need pics of that cane.

Congratulations Wayne!!

WOW! 43 years!
Congratulations!!

You don't see that kind of staying power by either Employers, Employees, or Spouses much anymore.

Enjoy Retirement and try not to drive the Ol' Lady crazy ;)

I'm happy for you Wayne! Enjoy the time, it all belongs to you now. Get a lot of hobbies, stay busy, wake up early, play hard, enjoy life!

I was up your way yesterday running service calls and thought of you, then I see this=awesome!

Congrats! So what did you do for 43 years?

Congrats! So what did you do for 43 years?

Mechanic.
Worked for Crown Cork & Seal.
If you opened a pop or beer can there was a good chance we made the end.
Ring pull or tab opening,even some cans,but not in the plant where I worked.
Started on a press that punched out 12/stroke @ 110 per minute to a press that does 24/stroke @360+ per minute.
.0080 plate 60" wide.Ran about 36 to 40,000 lbs of metal per shift.

Congrats Wayne!

You can take a beating better than me.... I only made it to 35 years of working before I retired 2 years ago (at age 58), but that was by choice. Met the minimum time to lock in my full pension. I loved my job, but time to move onto other things in life.

Now everyday is Saturday :yelclap:

Enjoy your retirement.....

Back