• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon recovery NEEDED URGENT

88trailcrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Please cross post to other forums.

Just got off the rubicon.

Had to leave my 2014 JKUR behind due to computer issues. Scanners are reading security/communication codes I've been told are dealer flash only.

The referral I got for tow out has declined. (Dependable tow out of Truckee)

I am in Tahoma area now. Need to get the jeep from Rubicon Springs to Tahoma and then Closest dealer.

Please call/text any contact info (562) 508-6716

I'll check in when I have service and post a land line # once I have it.

All my Naxja friends should be proud - the 1988 XJ walked the trail like a boss, got us all out and left the JKUR in its dust.

I may have jinxed myself with this post

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1142419

Update:
It's still up there. I had a lot of communication and efforts with the people up there (caretaker, property owners, mechanics) conclusion was that it needs to get to a dealer. Wasn't able to find people/rigs up there to drag it out. The recovery service they referred me to isn't available.

I now have a land line with answering machine (530) 525-5551

Please share update and phone number. Really need to get it out.

So you had other rigs with you ? or you went in solo?

Plan A is in place.

I am going back in Monday afternoon supposed to meet up with two rigs at Rubicon Springs to drag it out on Tuesday.

I plan to be off the trail Tuesday night regardless.

UPDATE:

Plan A fell through. RECOVERY NEEDED

Currently no active plans in place. I am reaching out again to various contacts.

Recap:
- located at property line before Rubicon Springs
- consensus on the trail is that it needs dealer flash/internet connection
- commercial recovery/tow service said they were too busy to go in (I will be calling them again)

It's a 2014 JKUR on 37's, has skid plates, factory recovery points and a winch but engine is a no start

Brakes and steering were surprisingly effective for the short bit I towed it to clear the trail. (It's got a big brake kit)

Contact Info:
John Callanan
(562) 508-6716 cell/text (very limited service)

(530) 525-5551 Cabin land line in Tahoma with a voice mail machine

There is a guy up here (Carl limpus) who has been helpful in cross posting and communicating with me but again I have no current active plan in place.

Please cross post/share or contact me with any info that might help

Are you on the facebooks? There's a FB group called "Socal off-road recovery S.O.S." where you can post up in need of a recovery. Lots of folks come to strangers aid. Rubicon is a little farther north then the usual posts on there, but it should help boost the signal.

Kinda sad that a Jeep is broken down because it needs a dealer/the internet. Makes me want to hold onto my pre-OBD Jeep more.

Are you on the facebooks? There's a FB group called "Socal off-road recovery S.O.S." where you can post up in need of a recovery. Lots of folks come to strangers aid. Rubicon is a little farther north then the usual posts on there, but it should help boost the signal.

Kinda sad that a Jeep is broken down because it needs a dealer/the internet. Makes me want to hold onto my pre-OBD Jeep more.

Here you go, I cross posted it to the group to boost your signal to almost 11,000 folks:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/scor.sos/permalink/1870893483231216/

I'm Carl that has been helping John, best I can, since the beginning. This post was originally shared to our **NC4xR** NorCal 4x4 Recovery Page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/NC4xR/

I would have assisted with the Plan A folks, but work and other priorities don't make it conducive. I'm very familiar with the location and the needs. There is a thread on Pirate4x4 that is also looking it over. I've also got ears out with Rubicon Trail Foundation, members of Friends of the Rubicon, and potentially the staff that are coming in for Jeep Jamboree USA run starting Thursday.

This morning the run for Jeep Corporate started with their next concept (trail ready) rig. No idea if that staff will be versed or willing to take a look.

A Unimog that is accustomed to recoveries there may be getting it handled Thursday.

Last edited:
Just got notified that owner enroute to meet with Chrysler Engineering Group to diagnose further. If that fails then dead stick extraction.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Why can't a big buggy pull it out? Is it stuck in an obstacle?

Why can't a big buggy pull it out? Is it stuck in an obstacle?

I do have to say that I'm surprised that noone was able to get him out yet. On the other hand I can see that going up Caddilac Hill would require a slow and steady pull and a Mog would be great at that....

Update:

Jeep engineers were not successful.

Currently working some plans for Thursday with a back up plan for Friday.

Wow, it does not bode well to read that...... :scared:

Mog recovery was successful, but not without alot of work. Got out to Tahoma staging roughly 3amish. Details to follow.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Back