• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with Deer Valley Trail Work

this is interesting. I might try to make this one of the weekends.

I should be able to make some of those dates. Would be cool to lend a hand.

We should look into this. It would be a great opportunity to promote NAXJA and our chapter.

Yup. Make a big showing of it ;)

I'd consider it too but right now my junk is too clapped out. It was a really bad time in the Jeep's lifetime to be put on primary vehicle status (i.e. it was right at the point where I was ready to take it offline to replace worn components).

Carla and I would be in for this as well. post up one of the better weekends we would want to make a group effort and I'll put it on the work calendar to request off.

I emailed them also. I'm good for pretty good for any weekend they need help. But I think going with some other NAXJA people would be more fun.

I've been emailing with a guy named Ron, I'll be heading up on Friday night, Sept. 22nd and camp somewhere off the highway 88 side - I'll be bringing a +1 to help volunteer as well.

I've also been emailed by Ron. He's got me penciled in for that last weekend also. I haven't told him which committee I wanted to work with yet, still trying to decide on that. But I figured I'd head up on Friday and camp around Blue Lakes area, for lack of any better ideas.

I just received an email from Ron - wanted to pass along if you all haven't seen it yet. He said they were able to complete the project over the last two weekends and there wouldn't be a work party this weekend. As the Jeep is already packed and ready to go, I'll still be heading up the highway 88 side if anyone else wants to go up and play on the 23rd for the day?

We are going to be up highway 4 camping somewhere and trying to run boards crossing trail (sourgrass trail ) on saturday. If we cant find camping there Friday then we might end up on Slick rock. No fires on boards - fires are allowed in the Foo-Foo pay camp sites next to boards like Wakaluu yep ho campground , but fires are allowed on slick rock - its supposed to be 25* near lake alpine and windy this weekend at night .

Yeah, I saw that temperature too and was planning to foo foo camp at my Aunt's cabin in Pioneer :D I'd be down to drive around and meet you all Saturday morning in Arnold area, what time/where are you planning to meet Saturday?

We are foo-foo camping at the wakaluu hep ho campground across the river from the sour grass trail, so on the left before before the bridge, off of boards crossing road, right before it crosses the bridge , (tentatively planning the foo foo camping assuming no fires allowed on sour grass trail, but Ive been calling the forest service every day hoping for fires , otherwise we will be camped on the trail)

Okay, sounds good! I've never been up there before so I presume take Boards Crossing Rd to Forrest Road 5N02 to the campground/sourgrass day use area? If you're on the trail, is the trail head near the campground?

Back