• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Photobucket charging 400$ a year to host pictures now.

whitexj98

NAXJA Forum User
Well this sucks, I have been using Photobucket since 2007... Lots and lots of pictures here, now I get an email saying you have to pay them and all my pics are gone, even the main page of naxja has an error link from a Photobucket pic.. 400$ a year... Not going to happen....

This could be really bad for the site...

Any recomdations on pic hosting, will Google images display like Photobucket? I'll be pulling all my pics into Google images regardless and never upload to Photobucket again.

Last edited:
Lemme guess. You are being instructed to follow the link in the email and enter your credit card info, yes?

Well then, looks like I'm in for a few missing pics. I'm gonna miss having to wait on five minutes of adds that don't load just to upload one image.

Last edited:
My pix still work. I did have the basic upgrade package so I didn't get ads all over the place when I accessed.

My pix still work. I did have the basic upgrade package so I didn't get ads all over the place when I accessed.

Everything still works for me on their app

Maybe I should back it all up tonight

If that is the only place you have them, absolutely!!
It's the only place I have copies of photos on someone else's server. I think I have a grand total of 300; half of them are flattering renditions on Obama.

Last edited:
I have used fototime.com for years. $35 a year for 8GB of storage. Only time I maxed out my bandwidth was when I hosted a few pics on the NAXJA splash page.

Last edited:
This is why I roll my own hosting!

This thought has crossed my mind.
My biggest hurdle is that I've never been very good at rolling.

Back