• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project: "Pretty Woman"

hot_rod_hooligans

NAXJA Forum User
Because a few people have treat her like a dirty hooker, but she cleans up well.

The guys I bought this off of were nimrods, I'm sure this truck was in rough shape when they bought it, but they definitely trashed this truck. It has apparently sat for close to 15 years(plates expired in 2002). No title, no keys, rear brakes are locked up, it won't shift out of park, the tilt steering is looked, rodents(probably squirrel/chipmunk based on all the nut shells in the bed and engine compartment) ate a hole in the headliner, and the tires were shot.
These yayhoos decided to take the dog house(and cut one of the hood hinges), cut the leaf springs at the bushings(luckily they left enough to use as a cradle to set the weight of the truck on them), and yanked this thing around their yard by the bumpers bending them all to hell and screwing up the bed corners.
The good stuff: the only real rust I see is the drivers sidefloor board/rocker, the interior is in pretty good shape, cargo light!, it's fairly dent free(aside from what the yayhoos did to it), it looks like it's a great candidate for a late model swap.

Not sure what happened to my pictures, but here they are again.

Now that I've had plenty of time to figure out what to do with this thing, I figured I would do a quick update here. I've decided to get out of Jeeps myself and get back into what I grew up with and what most of my education has been centered around: Hot Rods/Customs and high performance engines. I'll be selling off my Jeeps and parts I've piled up over the last 10 years to free up space and funds for a Factory Five Racing 33 Hot Rod.

This Jeep however isn't going anywhere anytime soon, since it essentially now belongs to my 10 y/o son, and will be his first car. This will be a resto-mod project, with a mild lift and 31" tires. Since the engine and transmission are in very questionable condition(last time it was registered was 2002, and do not know why it was parked, but both look to need a rebuild), this will likely end up with a 4.8/4l60/NP231C, and a HP30/8.8.

Work will probably be slow, but thorough, and tear down will start once I can make room for it in the garage.

Last edited:
Back