• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I Beamed Jeep build pic's

I Beamed Jeep

NAXJA Forum User
jeepatbump.jpg

rearbumper.jpg

shifterboot.jpg

exhaust.jpg

exhausttip.jpg

Holy crap that's one way to take care of unibody flex! :eek:
I take it there's no "frame" rail left at all? Wow, very nice dude. :patriot:

:eek: Wow its even sicker than i thought! Love it dude!

This is my buddies jeep.Its been his never ending project. Priviously the front had a custom three link, then decided to do his own beam kit.We all are waiting for it to debute out in the dezert!

Thank's guy's!!! Yeah the jeep has spent more time in the back yard then in the dezert but I hope that will change soon. Like wes said it's had a three linked front end with custon steering that had zero bump steer I just didnt like it so I had to finally build my I beam dream. It's had 3 front bumpers 2 roll cage's 3 rear bumpers 3 different front ends but I think I'm happy now lmfao. Just need's a turbo!!! I 'll try and keep the picture's coming.

wes and ibeam, welcome! looking forward to seeing progress! can i request pics of the bottom of your engine cage?

whats the current status of the truck? i dont think ive seen pics of it w/ the shocks on it, just empty tabs leaving me wondering =)

also, what kinda spindles?

I will get some of the bottom of the engine cage for you soon tonight me and Wes are doing his exhaust. Current status of the "Truck" I'm having brake line's made today for the rear need's a windshield and a drive shaft and some rear fiber glass. I was hoping to take it out in mid march but i heart my arm so yet again another dead line date will not be made plus it needs to be smoged but I'm plucking away as I make progress I will keep throwing pic's up.

spindles and beam ends are off a 85 Bronco II 4x4 and the brake's work awesome so much better than the jeep one's.

Last edited:
Yes! Welcome to the forum! I've been planning on back halfing my XJ for quite some time, it's nice to see someone has already pulled it off. Mind if I come by and take a look sometime? :D

That XJ is pretty sick bro...what size and type of steel are you using for the cage and the 3 link....and were do you run at?

3-link got replaced by I beams and its not finished so it hasn't been ran! Cain't you read? :D

Grimm I think We can have that happen Wes was telling me that the jeepspeed mafia has meet's??? Sand the cage is 1 1/2 mild steel and the links are 1 3/4 DOM. I mainly go to barstow and lucerne. Flexdxj you are correct I did switch out a 3 link in the front out for beams but Sand I'm thinking is talking about the rear 3 link. The reason for the 1 1/2 mild is a I'm poor and b I bought a used bender with a 1 1/2 die but I think I have more than enough structure that it will hold up fine. I hope to get some progress this weekend and I'll throw more pic's up. Side note Wes's exhaust has a done stamp on it!!! from last night.

Wow she needs help. I need to get all that shit off the hood.Its a small garage, but it works.Im glad paul and I finished my exhaust last night. Im welding up my axle trussing next along with boxing in my upper part of the knuckles, then my pitman arm. I do have front and rear foas ready to go.I had rear shocks purchased a while back , then got my front FOA'S from Grimmjeeper. Cant wait to get them mounted.

Last edited:
Back