• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to get the jeep worked on?

Dantnguy

NAXJA Forum User
Good morning all!

My name is Daniel and I live in Knoxville.

So I just bought an xj a couple months ago and it needs some work done to it. My goal is to get the jeep to daily driver status. My issues currently that I'm trying to tackle are death wobbles and some minor mechanical things. I am needing to find a pretty knowledgeable jeep mechanic in the area. I am fully capable of doing most things but I moved to Knoxville from Memphis about a year and a half ago for work and I now live in an apartment so it's almost impossible to work on it there other than minor things. I have taken the jeep to a couple mechanics and they've either way overcharged or not really know what they're talking about. Any recommendations would be awesome or if anyone wants to be so kind to let me use their driveway and maybe some tools I'm willing to buy food and beer! 🙂🍺

Reach out to Doug Silvera. He is in Knoxville and has the connections. He may not be on the boards much. I can't remember the spelling of his screen name, so I'm sure that someone will chime in before I get to a computer where I can look it up.

Reach out to Doug Silvera. He is in Knoxville and has the connections. He may not be on the boards much. I can't remember the spelling of his screen name, so I'm sure that someone will chime in before I get to a computer where I can look it up.

Last I heard from Doug he was in Chattanooga. I'm still in Knoxville and would be happy to consult.

shortxjdoug is in Nooga now. You could PM him here and he might have some suggestions. Or pm Jess and maybe he could help out. DW screams bushings and trackbar check to me.

Thanks for the help guys. I got in touch with Joe aka Jess and we have set up a time to meet and look over the jeep to see what we can come up with.

Back