• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

@XJNick, Probably not going to get to Dixie Run. That's like 6 hours from me and a little further than I'd want to go for a shakedown. Just got back from a funeral, so hopefully I can get out and do some exploring closer to home this coming weekend.

Also are you familiar with Broken Nut in Pageland, SC about an hour South of Charlotte?

A lot of these places are new to me. I went to school in Boone and got to know the area around there pretty good, but I've been on the far side of the country for the last 7 years, so all I know near Charlotte is Uwharrie. I took a few trips there, but its been close to 10 years since I was there last.

Ghost, I'd love to take you up on your offer, but I need to rework my steering before I have any more highway time. Got the first hints of deathwobble on the way home Sunday night, so until I can replace some worn tie rods, my Jeep is going to be for neighborhood trips only.

Oh and to keep it on topic, I had a good trip to the junkyard Saturday and got a center console from a 2000 to replace my stock mini console. Big fan of the newer design, way better than the old style center console.

Here's what my work had gotten me so far. Just a 2 inch boost and 30s on TJ Moabs, but this is going to be my daily once I sell the Honda in the background, so I'm not getting too crazy with it
3aa5426ccce6a8c2b4b13c418f8e8e50.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Here's what my work had gotten me so far. Just a 2 inch boost and 30s on TJ Moabs, but this is going to be my daily once I sell the Honda in the background, so I'm not getting too crazy with it

Nice and clean. I love the 87-96 models and the two door is a bonus!

yea I love 2 door xj's. If you can check out my friend and sponsor ironman4x4fab. He has some great steering kits available. Over the knuckle under the knuckle and even wj conversion parts.

I was looking at their UTK Ton+ kit last night, actually. Looks beefy as hell, but it's a little more than I want to spend right now.

My plan at the moment is to just swap in V8 ZJ parts, I was very happy with that on my last XJ. With a cross country move and divorce, funding for some of the things I want to do is tighter than I'd like, so keeping this on budget is pretty important

I was looking at their UTK Ton+ kit last night, actually. Looks beefy as hell, but it's a little more than I want to spend right now.

My plan at the moment is to just swap in V8 ZJ parts, I was very happy with that on my last XJ. With a cross country move and divorce, funding for some of the things I want to do is tighter than I'd like, so keeping this on budget is pretty important

I completely understand that. Been through a divorce myself. Whenever you feel like coming south let me know and lunch is on me at Bigs.

Hey! I did too! It was a blast...

....then my alarm went off and I got up to make the girls their breakfast...

I went to Dixie run 31 for a good weekend of beating the jeep like it owed me money... now its off to B Lee's for some steering upgrade on the WJ knuckle swap. Once it comes back ill be installing my ruff stuff frame stiffeners and B Lee's 3 link kit.

That looks like a blast. I want to get out there badly. I hope to make it out there in 2 years. Bought a 45' gooseneck just for this reason and to haul my father in laws 46 rock crawler willys, or his 66 CJ6.

how many miles of trails are at moab? sadly I don't know much about moab.. I just know I want to go and ride after seeing pictures.

I have no clue. I know we were on the trail for 4 days and didn't see a 1/4 of it.

Granted, they weren't super long days and we stood around and stared at mountains for hours at a time. We ran Poison Spider Mesa, Hells Revenge, Shafer Trail and a few others I don't remember.

This link has a decent map.

http://www.discovermoab.com/fourwheel.htm

That looks like a blast. I want to get out there badly. I hope to make it out there in 2 years. Bought a 45' gooseneck just for this reason and to haul my father in laws 46 rock crawler willys, or his 66 CJ6.

NAXJA is heading out there next October. Start planning now.

NAXJA is heading out there next October. Start planning now.

Biggest thing holding up the trip is getting the father in laws crawler back together. He wheels his CJ6 for being a nearly show jeep, but it would be more fun to wheel the willys. But how does the KM2s do out in MOAB? that's all we run since we have to deal with mudd and rocks here in east Tennessee.

thank you. ill definitely check it out. as for accommodations out that way. Is hotels or rental houses near by? or is it in the middle of no where.

Hotels, rental houses, camping, etc. There's plenty places to stay. It's a decent size little town.

Biggest thing holding up the trip is getting the father in laws crawler back together. He wheels his CJ6 for being a nearly show jeep, but it would be more fun to wheel the willys. But how does the KM2s do out in MOAB? that's all we run since we have to deal with mudd and rocks here in east Tennessee.

Bald, wiring showing stock street tires would do 90% of Moab. That place defies the laws of physics. It's like driving on pavement. KM2's will do fine. I ran it with Falken AT3Ws and never spun a tire.

Back