• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheeling in Illinois?

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I am a migrant engineer :wave: I may be taking a contract in Illinois for a year or so. What is the state of wheeling/expeditions in the area?

Where in Illinois? Cliffs insane terrain is Southwest of Chicago, small park and mostly mud. Badlands in Indiana is probably the closest decent place to wheel. I'm not too familiar with southern IL, maybe there's some stuff down there.

I grew up on a farm. I am not in love with mud. I will have the location later.

Maybe something forest roadish in SE IL, otherwise it's The Cliffs Insane Terrain Park. The Cliffs is about 2 hrs straight south of Rockford just east of La Salle outside of Marseilles, IL.

Sloppy when it's wet, decent when it's dry. I haven't been there in 5-6 years.

The Badlands Off-Road Park in Attica, IN just NE of Danville, IL about 20min.
Lots of terrain options and has a quarry that you can crawl around in and pretend you are home ;)

Maybe run over a few IL politicians:patriot:

Take the 4th off and come see us at the Crawl this next year! You can find all sorts of State and National forest roads but nothing like in Colorado.

Back