• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

17" here is more than a year. Hope your flood damage was minimal.

It was bad enough that it might as well have been total, 7" in the house, 18" in the shop. Shop was a disaster, lost a 50 year old engineering library :(

I've got an MV-50.
$50

I ended up ordering the viair 88p. Should work fine for what I need. Thanks tho.

Got an Aussie locker from willi2ds so pretty excited to have everything locked. We ran a last minute run thru Hackett gulch today. Nice weather. Got behind a group of sxs winching over Hackett rock. Was pretty shocked about that. Got back early and decided we should hit the ledges in rainbow falls. Almost got stuck but crabbed my way up. My yota buddy who comes on the trail runs kissed the rear drive shaft on the ledge and instantly pretzeled it, so he got to drive back in fwd, which looked like a blast with his auto locker in the front. We at least bought him a beer for being the first guy to break this year.

Last edited:

Was looking around at early model 3rd Generation Grand Cherokees and have found 2005 limiteds with 5.7 listed for around 5k. I am considering polishing up the XJ as it is possibly still double tri linking the front and doing decent shocks , but no more . The reason is I would like a newer rig.ss.my platform and a v8 , so would appear getting some trail time out my current rig then selling it and starting fresh with a WK would be good .

Why not get a 4cyl TJ or YJ for about the same price and having a frame (plus a way easier body to cage) to work with?

Why not get a 4cyl TJ or YJ for about the same price and having a frame (plus a way easier body to cage) to work with?

I like the idea of 42s a/c leather seats and a v8 ...It's just an idea I have no serious commitment . Who knows may just v8 the xj .

I like the idea of 42s a/c leather seats and a v8 ...It's just an idea I have no serious commitment . Who knows may just v8 the xj .
Golly! CJ's actually came with V-8s, from the factory!

nitro is the only solid axle swapped wk I've ever seen.
good idea but then you remember they don't have a frame and are electrical nightmare.

...you remember they ... are electrical nightmare.

quoted for truth. I love the Dakota and am about to abandon ship due to the same stupid poorly-engineered electrical gremlins that have plagued every single Chrysler-Jeep product I have owned. F'g shame. :wstupid:

nitro is the only solid axle swapped wk I've ever seen.
good idea but then you remember they don't have a frame and are electrical nightmare.

They had it for sale a few years back for $43,000. Curious if anyone ever bought it.

ScG6dwT.png

quoted for truth. I love the Dakota and am about to abandon ship due to the same stupid poorly-engineered electrical gremlins that have plagued every single Chrysler-Jeep product I have owned. F'g shame. :wstupid:

Product of too many chefs in the kitchen. Chrysler has been bought and sold so many times, and Everytime they like to change something.

I worked on an 05 wk with the hemi this week tho. Hot damn I would drive that thing everyday. I think the biggest hurdle if you wanted to modify would be adapting a t case to it without freaking out the PCM.

My 05 hemi liked to shut off when doing 75 between Cheyenne and Laramie.
It also liked to tell me my seatbelt was on with a hazard tone and saying seatbelt on across the control center on the dash. Those were the two most common but it had plenty of smaller quirks that would frustrate me.

I think the biggest hurdle if you wanted to modify would be adapting a t case to it without freaking out the PCM.

From what I recall Nitro just left the t-case module plugged in to fool the computer when they went to an Atlas. They planned to eventually have a more permanent work around but not sure if they ever got there.

My 2010 Hemi S Limited moved quicker on 37's than my XJ could ever dream to on 35's, both regeared. With the flashpac on the Hemi I would bet it was nearly double the horse of the XJ.

I think given the price point the wk will start becoming a more viable option to build as XJ prices continue to climb. Getting companies to make stuff and not charge jku prices will be the challenge.

Well that and the request is so far and few between currently lead times for major parts are in excess of months. Who wants to wait that long.

The Colorado BS thread

Anyone else having this issue? New pics are being replaced with my old deck pic...I mean I like the view, but I don't need to see it this often.
78c8928973c4889ccd9c48273c8f499c.jpg
f667648f73de600374693ee0cad156e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back