• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel line clip

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I need a fuel line clip for the fuel rail when the main line connects at the rear. It is a 1988 Cherokee with a 4.0L.

I found the part on Rock Auto:
smp-hk7_dh_ml.jpg

Does anyone know a local source? The HK7 Standard Motor Parts number doesn't show up at any of the major auto parts chains. Anyone know a different number to try?

I don't recognize that at all. Where is it on the xj?

I don't recognize that at all. Where is it on the xj?

RENIX inlet and return fuel line fittings at the fuel rail. One is at the front at the regulator, the other at the rear of the rail. They are reversed, the one at the front inserts into the rail, the one at the rear inserts into the line.

At least thats how my over cluttered memory recalls it........

Jon, do you happen to have a part number for the OEM Jeep part?

I found this on O'Reilly's website but it doesn't make it clear whether it works with the main fuel line or the pressure regulator.

Part number BWD 27481.
27481_primary.jpg

I need to see if I have one on an old manifold I can compare. According to what I have found there are two sizes, a 5/16" and a 3/8". The 27481 is listed as a 5/16" which means it should be the return.

Last edited:
Ok, I think I have it figured out.

Crown 83502745 is the 5/16" return line clip at the pressure regulator:
83502745_1_6489.jpg

Crown 83504447 is the 3/8" main fuel line clip where the main feed comes in from the tank:
83504447_1_3661.jpg

I need to place an order for a few of these.

I found this on O'Reilly's website but it doesn't make it clear whether it works with the main fuel line or the pressure regulator.

Part number BWD 27481.
27481_primary.jpg

I need to see if I have one on an old manifold I can compare. According to what I have found there are two sizes, a 5/16" and a 3/8". The 27481 is listed as a 5/16" which means it should be the return.

For future reference the BWD 27481/Crown 83502745 is the correct clip for both the fuel line main feed and the pressure regulator on a Renix XJ. It is a 5/16". I hope to get them put in this weekend. I watched a YouTube video on the proper way to put it in so it's just like I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

Back