• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 mj ressurection Long time lurker first time poster

Druville

NAXJA Forum User
Well ive been lurking on this forum for a few years and thought id finally post what im working on since this jeep has been on the back burner for years. i have an 88 MJ pionner olympic edition. i got it way back in 2005 drove it for a few years and then it was hit and run around 2008 drove it smashed for a bit until the brake lines rusted out and broke, then it just kinda sat. Fast forward to sometime around 2011 i started to fix the old smashed up thing and do a 4wd swap. So i got a rear ended Xj grabbed all the front end parts, front axle, trans, and t-case and swapped that in. Then I lost interest in it again, so i went out and bought a ZJ and was good for awhile. The MJ sat until this year.
Back in the day I had no idea what I was doing and no access to fab tools, now I've been working sheet metal for a few years and have all the tools at work I could ever need. but i missed my truck, the only vehicle I couldn't sell. I've had 14-15 cars since I bought the comanche and its the sole survivor.
So I towed it from my parents farm to my house in the city, cleaned it up took the lift i had on my zj for the front, got a 8.8 rear and perches. got a SYE just because if im going to buy a new driveshaft im going to do it once.
well here is some pictures b.c...well pictures

How it sat after the wreck
2011-07-24202116.jpg

4wd swap and body repair
2011-08-07190230.jpg

at my house after being parked for 6 years
20170327_151258_zpsoy3xsjxg.jpg

and here is after the front lift and streching out the stock spring under before i decided to go ahead with spring over, and i wanted to see what she could look like
20170405_151727_zpscwymzgvi.jpg

Back