• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rand 9500 winch? Seems like great winch

Double Down

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I know everyone has their love of Warn, etc but what I haven't seen much of is stuff about Rand 9500 electric winch. On the surface, it seems to be great and the price is great, so wanted to see if anyone has actually USED one and see it in action.

Rand 9500#, 12V electric winch gives the ability to pull up to 47690 pounds of rolling weight up a 10% grade (6 degrees). It can also drag up to 9500 pounds of dead weight with a single line pull. Note that this is dead-line weight, not the "rolling weight" that most other winches specify.

The rolling capacity of the winch is as follows:

Slope (Degrees) 6 11 31 45 90 (straight lift)
Weight (Pounds) 47690 32300 15770 12160 9500

Specs are:

*9500 pound dead weight pulling capacity.
*Quadruple roller failead mounts to the front of your bumper, for a smooth, chaife-free cable retreival and for a long cable and winch life.
*Remote control handle with power in and out functions. Remote cord is 11'-6" long, with special water resistant quck disconnect for easy storage.
*94' X 5/16" galvanized steel cable with high test forged tow hook for the ultimate in towing strength and longevity.
*Sliding ring gear line release clutch to manually control the rate of line release.
*Maximum cable speed is 27 feet per minute, operating through a 265:1 three stage planetary gear reduction.
*12 Volt electrical power cables, with ring terminals that you can permanently attach to your vehicle's battery. (Approximate cord length is 6'L)
*Motor is 5.5 HP/12V. Approximate amp draw is up to 333 amps at full load. Amp draw is less with lesser loads. Minimum recommended battery rating of 650 CCA (Cold Cranking Amps). Winch should be connected directly to both battery terminals.

Cost runs around $400 for the winch. So, just let me know what you all think.

Thanks,

Chris

There made in China, I doubt you could ever find parts.

There are in the latest HF catalog for the same price with free shipping. Your looking at the ones on eBay?

I just picked up a used 8274 warn for that price. Would much rather have it than a chinese made cheapy.

Back