• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swamp Lake Trail 2017

markw

web wheeler
NAXJA Member
Looking at a date for Swamp Lake Trail, eyeballing 4,5,6 of August this year. Anyone interested? I've got a couple guys from San Diego who want to run it. My wife just has to have her days off in early in the year.

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Swamp Lake Trail 2016

Might change the title to 2017.

David Bricker / SYR - ITO

I don't know what you're talking about? :) I'm still in last year.

Hard to let go?

You miss Obama already?

:laugh3:

That's right around the dates that us Bakersfield Xj folks go. Maybe we could coordinate the dates for a nice run up there. It'll be good to be able to have a camp fire again.

That's why I was looking at that time frame, she had to have her time off in. Rooster Rock still makes me nervous. :) I went with you guys the last two trips.

Mark

That is the week the Son's daycare is closed so I will be on Vacation... we'll see how we do at SoCalFest before I suggest another Jeeping/Camping trip to Shannon.

Not if it changes anyones mind for the dates for swamp, but the Sierra Chapter is doing Sierra Fest the week after .

We will be running the Rubicon Trail Monday, August 7th through Wednesday August 9th. The second part of the event will be held at Hermit Valley Thursday, August 10th through Sunday August 13th.(running Deer Valley and Slick Rock ) the BBQ and raffle will be held on Saturday night.

Agreed... Worst part of Rooster Rock is the crotch at the very bottom. Once you're through that it's just a straight shot up. Easier line is on the right. Cracker showed me that.

Yup.....the transition onto the rock is the worst of it

Yup.....the transition onto the rock is the worst of it

As the SCCA response letters go.

"Thank you for your input".
thefinger.gif

I have that weekend reserved for Swamp.

I'm in for sure on the 4th -- MarkW has been telling me about it for weeks now and it's the one trip I am looking forward to the most :)

I'm hopeful. The last trip that way was open / open on 31s. A lot will depend on rather or not I can get new shoes. I doubt I can drag Ethan up there again, though. He didn't so much mind the mosquitos in his omelet but they made a feast of him. Odd how they go after one person and not the other; they didn't bother me much if at all.

With all of the Snow, The Bakersfield crew may push our run back a week or two. Going to play it by ear.

It may not even be open by then.....

one day i want to do this run. I think i want to shoot for the Rubicon this year though.

Back