• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to borrow a big charger in OC area

cheap is relative ;)

No its not.

You have always try to build everything cheap.....'cheap cheap cheap' is all you ask for. Look at almost all of your posts....common theme.

you were the pioneer of the new generation of XJ owners......your XJ was the 'cheap' vortex of vehicular compromise :D

No its not.

You have always try to build everything cheap.....'cheap cheap cheap' is all you ask for. Look at almost all of your posts....common theme.
I am cheap :D But I have never compromised safety ;)
you were the pioneer of the new generation of XJ owners......your XJ was the 'cheap' vortex of vehicular compromise :D
Yes it was cheap - RE suspension all the way around... very cheap :D But yes, I saved money where I could - I did not buy new brake lines for the front because it turned out that the stock ones worked as long as they were properly remounted. I have a lot of flex up front and never came even close to damaging them...... I built my bumpers (cheap). They're FUGLY - but they work - durable and bullet proof (front could be lighter though - if I was to do it again, I'd do it differently).

Anyways, I am a cheap SOB :D But sadly as I look for cheap solution I end up paying quite a bit more then I originally plan... oh yeah... it's rare that I have to spend $ twice..... I usually get it done so that I don't have to redo it :D With the exception of steering... I did the upgraded TRE's up front which I kept tearing up like there was no tomorrow.... I wish I did not spend the money time and effort on that and did what I am running now from the getgo...

it was an embarrassing POS....then you added the Polish Chicken which made it legendary :looser:

it was an embarrassing POS....then you added the Polish Chicken which made it legendary :looser:

I wouldn't say so ;) It made the con multiple times back and forth AND it is not a trailer queen..... I drove it to MOAB numerous times and made it back under my own power though Britney Spears (or whatever that trail was called) kicked my ass that one year......

So you're right - it is Legendary :D

I wouldn't say so ;) It made the con multiple times back and forth AND it is not a trailer queen..... I drove it to MOAB numerous times and made it back under my own power though Britney Spears (or whatever that trail was called) kicked my ass that one year......

So you're right - it is Legendary :D

yeah...it was the most ridiculous looking Cherokee ever...lmao

Got a pic of that stupid hood?

So my research seems to make sense......as I have killed a few batteries by accident without getting MSDS information as to what I was working on. I don't think it is possible to do this without the potential for disaster.

Desulphators typically apply a higher charging voltage than usual to the battery in an attempt to punch through this dielectric layer. Some reconditioners use high voltage pulses, some apply a high frequency (a couple of MHz) ac to the battery.

Sulphation is reduced by redissolving the sulphate crystals in the electrolyte. The lead sulphate crystals will dissolve if the electrolyte temperature is increased or if the battery is fully charged.

Traditionally, you could use both approaches at the same time by applying a higher voltage. The sulphate crystals increase internal resistance, so you need to apply a higher voltage to force charge into the cells. The high internal resistance also caused the temperature of the cells to increase, helping dissolve the crystals.

SLAs and AGMs have a major problem with this approach. If you apply excessive voltage, gas is generated faster than usual and the electrolyte level drops. In a maintainable wet cell this gas is vented, and you can top off the electrolyte if necessary. Not so with SLAs and AGMs. The gas pressure will build and ultimately the cell will vent, perhaps catastrophically. Care is needed.

I'm not saying I hope you die or anything but let me know how this goes and if we don't hear back we'll know :D

Why do so many people always capitalize every letter of Moab? It is a name, not an acronym!

lmao....Mother Of All Bombs!

Remi's XJ was Da Bomb :D

When I was a kid we just charged them with the poles reversed and new electrolyte. Drained and flushed again, new electrolyte and a correct charge.

We were poor, not cheap. I think that by my 3rd car I could swing a store bought battery.

Really, though, this is neither here nor there as this definitely won't help an AGM.

Carry on.

and I just realized.... how did this become a thread about being cheap ? If someone has a need for something once in a blue moon and it turns out that someone else has something you can borrow and you reciprocate with a 6 pack or something where's the harm? Hell.... I've let folks borrow tools from me on more then one occasion..... so what say you to that cracker?

Stop being a pathetic chap bastard..............

You 2 should get a room.

been trying for years.....

I offered to bring the lube but he says tears and blood lubricate fine

Be careful when trying to revive dead AGM batteries, thankfully I caught this one before it popped.
tPlgDfkb7wJuvsB9U_Z4-d8cXbn5ItOMEjFEXxBfLrNCWIF2R4YFogGdYnyW94r1Ua0C4p4dxJPaKZbMb-q7eE2mSjeg1nw79mIVe2UMOAQvlD9sIbJ7-5GeqGZ_TLJWS8vFsBftL4hNTcOIP6njiGJu3DfkoQKTTHIBjYjNZtaa031hPDeLhrVbMTsoYLZGPB4HmvrS462p6f0Xq20GJxqmoNzLlmMRwiD8vVhFLAl59gEav-clLwYJEtUgQhO6EVEwUM5VXlmogdWFM-TDhSvKl1_w81apJZQVizjTWrerPOc_uCwXOCO-bfOo6p8sr1bgGPth-ERK19z9f9htyknqyJU3-sXv25HbARZuBti1VNFkjklsXxSCZjBWgmTqsO_00ALPr37XV3uSN87ZdUNUfOKnyu0OXAtsiTXeazu2Rx7vPCrNmZ-4LTd7ugejbcEmJ_ds6E6z_Kbb_UfdCFA4GgckduRKMMbXArnbQvylq_ieRqcYjfHNK_Dh8YMbXOmLamBqQwEakTfKLtkotIo50DvylvBk-aPA1PPNknDETfHnB_zgIthSLlfXqRDMQY28S_39peWWfASHwXECkbeh4kf01v9wB9wlp0MNOk8M4TBmxEy5-qJTtQ=w1920-h1080-no

Back