• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

York compressor.

I would love to see a copy of that.

It might open up some options on my '96.

there is an exception - it's buried someplace in an addendum. I know... I've been smogging my snorkel equipped XJ for years. Had to look up that addendum once in the past decade. Roughly it read - it has to be OBD2, with no sensors in front of the TB.

This is why the Renix intake is such a rare duck. On my late model the only emissions component on my intake is a CCV tube between the TB and the filter.

Unless things have changed (would not surprise me), you are free to modify the exhaust after the catalytic converter.

At least that was the rule when I was working in the automotive aftermarket exhaust industry.

I have never heard of a comparable rule regarding the intake.
True as far as a smog check, you can still get a ticket for modified exhaust system...you'll probably beat it unless it's excessively loud.

Mine is modified between the cats but you really can't tell.

Mine is modified between the cats but you really can't tell.

Every single vehicle I own is modified enough to not fall within the letter of the law, however most of them are within the spirit of the law and I haven't had many issues....your results may vary.

Mine sits well within the spirit; just getting around that pesky pinion yoke.

Back