• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New San Diego member

midnite9150

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all!

My name is Nick and I am a new XJ owner and new member of NAXJA! I am out here in east of San Diego in lovely Santee.

My XJ is a '99 Sport 4.0 auto 4x4, salvage title with 245k miles on it. It was cheap but runs good and is my first jeep and first true 4x4 suv. The jeep is a bit of a pile and was very dirty when I bought it but is serving me well as a short commuter beater to the trolley station and eventually will be a camping/off roading vehicle.

It appears to have about a 2" lift possibly with spacers and definitely shackles in the rear. Has 31's which rub a little on full steering lock, it probably shouldnt have 31s at this lift but thats what the previous owner did.

It currently has a death wobble issue sometimes, I figure a good place to start is with new TREs and a JKS track bar, as the old TREs have definitely seen better days.

I look forward to hanging around here!

Welcome aboard Nick. It looks like you have a great foundation to build on and are heading the right direction in making it road/trail worthy. With some practice, those 31's will take you pretty much anywhere you want.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Welcome, and thank you for supporting the club! You will find a great deal of help within the club members in the SoCal area, as well as a huge amount of valuable information on this forum.

'99 is one of the most prized years of the XJ, so good choice.

Death wobble is no fun, but you're starting in the right place with track bar and tie rod ends. Make sure everything in the front end is tight; checking for play in ball joints, etc. as well.

David Bricker / SYR - TUS

Welcome aboard. Thanks for supporting the club right out of the gate. We are a pretty active chapter with a lot of amazing members. You ought to fit right in. Looking forward to meeting you on the trail!

Welcome, Nick! We're a great bunch of lunatics!
I'm in San Diego, and work in East County.

Thank you everyone! Carol have you been enjoying our east county heat this week? I grew up in san carlos, so always been near east county but moved to santee in september

Back