• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

started to run brakelines, running most of the lines that vettboy posted in rcman's thread

the frt im running a tab off the tb bracket then i welded a tab on the housing the line will pretty much float there, i may move the tab back a little so the line dosnt touch anything
417.JPG

That looks a little too "right out there", especially if these guys talk you into jumping it (which will happen). How about a small piece of angle iron welded to the housing, then the splitter block mounted behind it in the horizontal plane? Or maybe a small piece of steel bent in a "U". Weld both ends of the U to the axle, with the splitter bock mounted in the middle. Might need a longer/custom brakeline though.

I see where your coming fronAndy, the pic may be deciving but the axxle end is groovy looking at it now I am wooried about the line getting pinched between the diff. And tb if I was to jump it I may just move it back and zip tie it to the tb so it won't go under it

Moved the frame end of the frt brake line behind the tb now it out of harms way of being smashed gonna eventually get a tb brace made might even be as soon as early next week but I got a lot of other things to do first

sick build, i dont know why i havent seen this before. nice work!
just a tip on the cup holders, dont waste your time with the one that mounts to the console right above the ebrake handle. it doesnt allow any travel of the handle, and even with the ebrake cables set pretty tight, it wont be enough, at least in my experience. i ripped mine out after a few days.

sick build, i dont know why i havent seen this before. nice work!
just a tip on the cup holders, dont waste your time with the one that mounts to the console right above the ebrake handle. it doesnt allow any travel of the handle, and even with the ebrake cables set pretty tight, it wont be enough, at least in my experience. i ripped mine out after a few days.
note my floors it wont have a ebrake or a center console, im plannin on making some half doors with ressed cup holders

Updates i supose, brakes are ran, gotta swap out the prob valve and that should fix meh leak, yesterday started on a homemade cowl hood, been wanting to make one since i parted my old jeep a couple years ago, so i took the hood from it dod some cutting and welding and this is what i have so far, unpainted sections of the cowl will be painted metalic charcol

393975_2908951835871_1022830226_32999519_1740242540_n.jpg

It hasn't had a 4.0 on a long time Adam ya stupid newb, it has $9 Cummins(if anyone has acsess to cummins badges for cheap holla)

never thought this day would ever come but actually got the jeep out today, it did awsome, got a few tweaks to do but nothin crazy

0121.JPG

430997_2933652453371_1022830226_33006526_12623016_n.jpg

016.JPG

020.JPG

this was the worst carnage of the day, broke a rock with the jeep
024.JPG

027.JPG

things that need a fixin

brakes, they work, just gotta swap out the prop valve

rear driveshaft, one i got in not is a bit out of whack and vibrates at speed

steering, it sucks, need assist

clearence sping hangers

belly pan, dont want the atlas to become friendly with the rocks

pretty effin sweet

Yay :)

:party1:

I STILL have the shift boot and isolators, found em behind the seat in my mj. Going wheeling down here anytime soon? If not I will see if I can parts train them to you somehow.

Back