• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Had a fairly good day replacing the rear main seal and oil pump. That part was no sweat. Had a lot of trouble getting the pan off due to clearance issues with the axle and tranny being in the way. Jacking the axle up a little got me to where I could yank hard on the pan and it came out. However the pump pickup moved some when I yanked and now I'm afraid the new pickup will move again when I force the pan back in. I hope I dont have any problems but am stressing out on it right now. 2moro will tell!

Had a fairly good day replacing the rear main seal and oil pump. That part was no sweat. Had a lot of trouble getting the pan off due to clearance issues with the axle and tranny being in the way. Jacking the axle up a little got me to where I could yank hard on the pan and it came out. However the pump pickup moved some when I yanked and now I'm afraid the new pickup will move again when I force the pan back in. I hope I dont have any problems but am stressing out on it right now. 2moro will tell!
Good day replacing RMS? Great attitude, I hated that job.
You should be able to jack up body, let axle droop out of the way. I'm at 4.5 lift and it slid in with ease. Don't forget to pack pump or remove diz and prime it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I am getting tired of rain water on the floors. It SUCKS dragging out the Vacuum 3 times a weeks, LOL.

Tried to find an unobtainium 14 mm nut at Home Depot today for my leaf spring swap, no joy.

Finally got the new leaf spring in, both bolts in.:eek: :clap: :party:

Now the Axle wants to PITA, LOL. Gotta pull the drivers side tire to float the axle free of the body and the ground, and probably loosen the u-bolts on the other side to get the axle lined up to the leaf spring.

If that finishes it then next is replacing the heater core hoses and coolant bottle, then maybe tags title and license :clap: or do the AC first rework/repair as needed next? Hmmm

Cleaned mine up over the weekend

Ordered sliders today

Think I need new leaves. Pretty saggy in the back

I would LEAVE the LEAVES :shiver: alone, LOL.

Finally finished replacing the busted one last night. Just need to torque the bolts now (once the tire is on, and its on the ground) and put the tire on, and then try to get a title and reg sticker.

Still need to fix the AC (No idea what it needs yet) and replace the Renix coolant bottle and heater hoses. Got all the stuff I need already for the hose/bottle job. Oh, and I need to replace or repair the seat on the drivers seat.

Cleaned mine up over the weekend

Ordered sliders today

Think I need new leaves. Pretty saggy in the back

replacing the bastard pack with some like new RE 3.5" lift leaves and extended shackles.

having trouble getting the holes to line up...

Push harder, LOL. Lifting the spring with a floor jack in just the right spot or using a lever tool like a crow bar helped. I also had to float the axle free (Had a tire on the ground on one side that would not let the axle move freely). That a BFH helps. Good Luck. Oh and I hear a come-a-long works too.

Bought some parts for the mj and the wagoneer.
b6c1a8ffe23f662223d7674206cb633e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That is an MJ?

Decided to reuse the entire R-134a AC stuff from the totaled 89, 2WD, in the 89 4WD I recently completed the leaf spring replacement on (as needed). Need to finds out what is bad on the 4WD AC rig next, but the totaled jeep had a 100% new stuff except for the evaporator and condenser. The compressor was brand new...

Will do the heater hoses and coolant bottle last.

UPS lost my rock sliders

Brought home a set of Dana 44 waggy axles.
2 - 4.88 gear sets
rear disc brake conversion kit and a few other goodies. Can't wait to get these in the jeep!

will run a 37'ish tire

Got the rails, primed them yesterday

Gonna paint this week and install this weekend

Ordered new motor mounts and an aluminum tie rod from stinkyfab

Should have the rails and tie rod in for ROM

Making a list of stuff to do for Moab

finished beefing front bumper mounts. will go put some primer on them in a few minutes. ended up slightly wider than I needed, but I think it will be fine.

Rock sliders installed

Back