• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To do list...

xcalibur223

NAC VP
NAXJA Member
What have you got left to do before the Fest?

For me..
Install cable shifter
Install trans mount
Install t-case skid
Oil change
Rotate tires
Fix exhaust leak
Fix leaking tcase

Always something to do but...

Find a rim for my spare tire
Replace broken exhaust ( I got rear ended his car is wrecked and I have a scuff on my bumper and the exhaust fell off due to rust and the impact =P)
reglue my headliner material and put headliner back in
Oil change.

Should be a quick easy afternoon when I get to it.

Took care of the axle-end ujoint in the rear driveshaft already (was getting a rumble above 40MPH on the way home from the March run, turns out half of one of the ears was ground away :shiver:)

Doing some metal work on it now - sills under the rear doors need major reconstruction, hope to have at least one side buttoned up by the 'Fest, if not both. That includes patching the wheel wells so the tires aren't throwing all that road/trail schmutz into them again. No welding, all "glue and screw".

Still have to check/clean/adjust the rear brakes and parking brake (doesn't appear I blew the cables after all, but it's very loose. Probably just a bunch of mud in the drums again, like usual...

New item: re-torque the transmission pan bolts - looks like I might have a leak.

I should probably change my oil. Or not.

What have you got left to do before the Fest?

For me..
Install cable shifter
Install trans mount Done
Install t-case skid
Oil change Done
Rotate tires Done
Fix exhaust leak
Fix leaking tcase Done

Probably not going to get around to the exhaust or the cable shifter. Hopefully get the skid on this coming weekend.

I need to finish replacing the radiator and have it inspected. I tried to take it for inspection and it overheated on the way last Friday.

I need to find a new inspector who is close by instead of driving 2 hours away.

Pack and hookup trailer jeep already on trailer.

Probably not going to get around to the exhaust or the cable shifter. Hopefully get the skid on this coming weekend.

Well didn't get the skid on but went to get gas today and the fuel line from the tank to the filter started leaking. This is what i get for buying a DD and not driving it since February. Got it changed out and ready to go.

welllllll....my list went from nothing to a bunch of stuff. Jeep decided it wanted some attention and started squealing. Also decided that it was probably unwise to tow M416 trailer that far loaded down riding on the original dryrotted to shit NDT tires from 1966 and no spare.

Change Oil [DONE]
Replace rear driveshaft ujoint [DONE]
Grease Zerks [In Progress...ran out of grease]
Find wheels and tires to fit trailer [DONE]
Strip and Paint Trailer Wheels [DONE]
Buy trailer tarp and cargo net [DONE]
Buy lug nuts for trailer [DONE]
Install wheels on trailer [DONE]
Adjust pintle hitch down to account for smaller tires
Make a pile of things to load into the trailer [In Progress...]

Back