• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TeraFlex Dana 30 High-Clearance Steering

FELIX

Who Knows, Ask Who
What are your guys thoughts on this???. http://www.teraflx.com Look under new products. I'm thinking, it would work pretty good. I think it would kind of be like Fords front end, how they don't use a knuckle 2 knuckle tierod, which will give you more center clearance on the tierod, by forming a kind if ^ shape. I know there are other weld on relocators, & befferirs systems, but I'm thinking this might be good for the welding challenged like myself, ie no welder, & no one availble to weld, without $$$ :tear:

FELIX said:
What are your guys thoughts on this???. http://www.teraflx.com Look under new products. I'm thinking, it would work pretty good. I think it would kind of be like Fords front end, how they don't use a knuckle 2 knuckle tierod, which will give you more center clearance on the tierod, by forming a kind if ^ shape. I know there are other weld on relocators, & befferirs systems, but I'm thinking this might be good for the welding challenged like myself, ie no welder, & no one availble to weld, without $$$ :tear:

you will have to weld to relocate the trackbar axle mount, to make draglink and trackbar parallel again.

That knuckle is supposed to restore the drag-link - trackbar alignment, not make it worse.

I have it and at 5.5in lift my draglink is almost parrall with axel and it stears nice. only problum is i havent quite addresed the track bar isue (to lazy) and have halasious bumpsteer but ill b working on that some time this winter. o and then you can flip your tie rod on top of the knukle and its way outa the way. o and if ya plan on using beefe parts plan on moveing or removing sway bars

WIll

Hey Thanks for the replies. So I guess, even having an adjustable track back, you would still need to relocate the track bar mount :dunno:

Thanks again & Happy New Year

Yes you would still want to raise the trac bar mount to match the angle of the drag link.
As for being high clearance, the Tera setup still positions the crossover tie rod below the knuckle so I really don't think it should be considered a high clearence design but just a crossover instead.
You could drill out the knuckles and flip the tie rod on top but the 2 installed Tera set ups I've seen doesn't really allow much (if any) room for this mod.

Back