• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hunters/archers

kmanxj5050

NAXJA Forum User
I am so ready for October! Just polished off my last pack of venison steaks.

Any other hunters here? What do you use?

I prefer bow but also rifle hunt. Have a old arsse golden eagle bow, and rifle hunt with a saveage 30-06, and marlin .444

all waterfowling here...i'd love to bow hunt for some deer and elk meat, but no time or money right now. i just have 2 3.5" 12 gauges that do my work for me. i'm trying desperately to find a boat before season (early goose is scheduled for sept 3rd) so if you have one or know someone who does direct them to my classfied :wave1:

Never been waterfowk hunting. Everybody that does seems to love it.

I've hunted whitetail, squirrel, pheasant, coyote, lil bit of everything. Hoping to get a bear tag in the next couple years.

upland game birds -Fausti O/U 12 ga
deer-Matthews bow-Rage heads
deer rifle season-303 Brit open iron sites....for a challenge
turkey spring-Matthews bow again
turkey fall- Remington 870 12 ga
early season deer-Case International 2188 w/ 8 row corn head
trespassers-industrial tube of KY-Jelly and a rusty pipe

it is funny that when I did not have much ground to hunt I loved to hunt, now that I have all this property to hunt I never take the time to hunt. I have morphed into an outdoorsman more then a killer now a days. Once my bird dog died last year I have no want to go bird hunting...it was always a day for him to do his thing, not necessarily about a day for me to hunt. RIP Ol' Texx

Cheese "best dog a guy could ask for" Man

i still think you need to scout up some geese in your fields tyler...i'll bring the decoys. we can even cook up some breakfast before the hunt.

i'll bring the bacon!

I would love to have some land. What Matthew you have? My stepdads springer got stolen two years ago! A dog dieing sucks, but knowing someone took him is worse! Miss ya Brutus!

kman, localboy...come on over to iowa anytime and i'll take you out. pulling the trigger isn't nearly as exciting for me as some guys...i like calling/working birds and taking the new guys out to show them the ropes.

Craig, we are not on a major flyway in my area, but we do get some strays and randoms over here. If your knowledgable and have the stuff, you bet your ass I will let ya come down. We (the family and myself) have @ 3000 acres, and about 1/3 of it is crop fields and they all border decent sized creeks.

Kman, the bow I have is made by Matthews, it is a Mission, which is their cheaper line. It was given to me last year by some hunters that we allow to come hunt our land from North Carolina. One of them owns Adrenaline Outdoors and is a Matthews dealer. He rigged it out pimp and just gave it to me as athank you gift. They also gave me 10 sets of quick stix, 3 cam lock stands, a Double Bull ground blind and a full set of camos. They are cool guys, they took care of me and Camille when we went to visit in NC last year...we did not hardly spend a dime, they covered it all!

I will post up some pics sometime of the hunting cabin I am building for them right now. We hope to have it completed in the next month.

i shoot a parker ive had for years. since i was 13 maybe... hell, thats almost 10 years! i guess my wingspan hasnt changed. lol. havent touched the sites since i first set it up either. spot on at 20-30 yards. can do 40 if im feeling frisky. i shoot righty, but im left eye dominant. :dunno: its still mint condition, shoots even mintier. carbon easton gold tip 400s and and 85 grain fixed blade thunderheads. my father has been getting at me, "you need to start shooting your bow!".......... "old man, i dont need practice. i only need one shot." ive got a stack of arrows that ive robin hooded to prove this. just the shooting muscles havent been exercised much lately.

ive also got a remington 870 express, 1187, and old break action single shot 20 gauge my great grandma gave me. hardly ever shoot them.

i never kill anything though... i fall asleep to much. i prefer COD or fishing if i want to see something die. and not this BS michigan ice fishing crap.

i shoot a parker ive had for years. since i was 13 maybe... hell, thats almost 10 years! i guess my wingspan hasnt changed. lol. havent touched the sites since i first set it up either. spot on at 20-30 yards. can do 40 if im feeling frisky. i shoot righty, but im left eye dominant. :dunno: its still mint condition, shoots even mintier. carbon easton gold tip 400s and and 85 grain fixed blade thunderheads. my father has been getting at me, "you need to start shooting your bow!".......... "old man, i dont need practice. i only need one shot." ive got a stack of arrows that ive robin hooded to prove this. just the shooting muscles havent been exercised much lately.

ive also got a remington 870 express, 1187, and old break action single shot 20 gauge my great grandma gave me. hardly ever shoot them.

i never kill anything though... i fall asleep to much. i prefer COD or fishing if i want to see something die. and not this BS michigan ice fishing crap.

Ice fishing = great time to get super hammered on super potent booze!!! (so you stay warm of course)

I bowhunt with a Bowtech 82nd Airborne.
I gun hunt 90% of the time with a pistol, seeing as any caliber pistol pistol is legal in Wi's shotgun/pistol zones :)
600pistolgroup.jpg

So far I have taken about 5 deer and 6 antelope with it.

I bowhunt with a Bowtech 82nd Airborne.
I gun hunt 90% of the time with a pistol, seeing as any caliber pistol pistol is legal in Wi's shotgun/pistol zones :)
600pistolgroup.jpg

So far I have taken about 5 deer and 6 antelope with it.

creative solution to stupid laws.

OH hunting blows. Nothing but shotguns or primitive. No high power rifles allowed. only straight walled pistol calibers allowed.

Well... No.

-Ron

So it has to be a centerfire cartridge that is .22 caliber or larger and have a minimum of a 5.5" barrel. What self respecting man would be caught with less :) mine is a 7mm wsm with a 17.5" barrel that pushes a 168 grain bullet at 2850 fps...

What is the pig gig?

Back