• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New mi member checking in

Crankcase

NAXJA Forum User
Hello I’m not sure quite where to post this so please feel free to move to the correct location as I’m not 100% sure on how to navigate around yet but I was told by a member on another board that this is the place to be.:)

Any way I thought you’d all enjoy some info n pics on my xj that I recently transformed

Ive had this 2001 jeep xj for 5yrs or so. I never used to like them and now I don’t ever want to be without. It was originally a southern vehicle and is rust free which is difficult to find up here, but overall quite plan. Earlier this year I noticed the leafs starting to get weak and I needed some new tires so I ended up putting some ko2(s) on it and a couple inch lift( I would have went for a bit more lift but my wife didn’t want to soooo)

Any way I was pretty happy with it’s new stance but it was still kinda tired looking. I’ve been wanting to freshen up the out side for quite some time but never seemed to take the time. Well a short bit ago I had a truck back in to it well it was parked and caved in the hatch. I took this as a sign that it was time as they offered to have it fixed. I told them just to help with some of the material cost and I would take care of it. my father has done body work/ restoration for 45yrs or so. And we’ve done several vehicles together.

Any way below are some pics of the process... may not be everyone’s cup of tea but I dig it ( even decided to do my first aid kit up to match;) ) and I love spending the time with my father as this will probably be one of the last ones we do. Yes we did most of the work in his garage rather than take it up to his shop/ booth but we have this set up/ process down pretty well.

Hope you all can enjoy some pics

ivwmkg.jpg
[/IMG]

1z5rrc3.jpg
[/IMG]

2ci9r7p.jpg
[/IMG]

21ou1pg.jpg
[/IMG]

2d15v12.jpg
[/IMG]

wjix3.jpg
[/IMG]

6pcgsx.jpg
[/IMG]

2qtz7ug.jpg
[/IMG]

2r4sdu9.jpg
[/IMG]

2l89fdv.jpg
[/IMG]

rlyfc1.jpg
[/IMG]

28ml2ja.jpg
[/IMG]

2da151.jpg
[/IMG]

2igmwsy.jpg
[/IMG]

242ant3.jpg
[/IMG]

2m31atd.jpg
[/IMG]

fymixj.jpg
[/IMG]

14wxhrc.jpg
[/IMG]

Every vehicle we do we try to do something a little different, so with my xj we decided to paint all the badging on ( we had a guy who used to do all our race car lettering make some paint stencils using the original badging for exact style and size) we also color matched stone guard on the last feature line down on the doors and rockers and a few personal touches of one of my other hobbies other than guns and cars. my son and I collect toys from my childhood and I’ve always loved transformers and I’ve always tried to share those things from my childhood with my kids as things now are just not the same... so we decided to ghost on a couple decepticon logos with green pearl...

Also my wife recently got another jeep of her own so I’m already making plans for a bit more tire n lift on this one:)

Looks nice.

If you want to take it off road we are planning a big event in Attica, IN called Winterfest on March 9th and 10th, 2018. A bunch of us are going to Moab, UT next October as well.

I'm only a few hours away in NE Indiana.

mac 'someone can paint' gyvr

Welcome. Nice looking XJ, not too many people preserving these things. Good job

Welcome. Glad to see you off to a good start with a fire extinguisher and first aid kit. Great first additions. Awesome paint work. Hang around here and it won’t look that nice very long.

Welcome. Good looking jeep. Definitely try and make it out to Winterfest in March. Good wheeling and good times with good friends.

Thanks guys!
I’d love to make it out. It can be tough at times as work and family keeps me pretty busy
So I’ll have to see as it gets closer:)

( I hope the pics are all upright as I was told they are appearing upside down to some )

Back