NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum For Discussion of Modications related to Prerunning, JeepSpeed, KOH, Rock Racing, and any other speed based competitions

Old March 31st, 2016, 11:08
NAXJA Member

Fox shock info

Dug all the way back to end of 2013 with no real thread on topic.
2000 XJ 6.5" tons 3 link

Looking at the fox performance series 2.0
Problem is they ship the XJ specific ones with the shaft top like factory has. Need to loop top

Also curious what valving you boys are running on the fox's that seem to work well for you.
TIA
Old March 31st, 2016, 11:26
my cats breath smells

Re: Fox shock info

I have fox 2.0s on the station wagon. They do shock things so far. Softer than I would like but so are my springs.
Old March 31st, 2016, 11:27
NAXJA Member

Thanks.
Old March 31st, 2016, 11:36
my cats breath smells

I guess it is more of a SUV.
Old May 3rd, 2016, 17:15
NAXJA Forum User

Ive also got some questions here.

I just installed fox 2.0 performance remote resis...

The gas line is awfully short, basically leaves no flexibility to mount the resi anywhere other that where it dangles aside the shock body...can a longer line be installed?

Are these rebuildable and revalvable? (spelling)
Old August 10th, 2016, 00:01
NAXJA Forum User

i had a short talk today with accu tune off-road and as i understand the performance series isnt as user freindly to rebuild and revalve as the the other fox shocks. he said it requires a couple of special tools that aren't needed to rebuild/ revalve other 2.0 shocks.

i'm on a time crunch to get my rig ready for a sand dune trip and the only 2.0 shocks i could get to my door in time were 2.0 performance series that were intended for a f250 superduty. we'll see how they do next weekend.... i'm optimistic they will do good nice and firm. for the past couple years i ran bilstein 5150s and blew at least one every trip so i'm hoping these will last and if they dont will at least be more cost effective than buying replacements.

i ended up with shaft top remote res up front and regular eye non res rear both about 11.5" travel for about $475 for all four off amazon. i feel like i got them at a throw away price if they suck. then i'll bite the bullet and get the real deal
Old August 13th, 2016, 11:11
NAXJA Forum User

I got Fox Performance shocks for my wrangler. Near as I can tell, the difference between the standard Fox 2.0 and the performance series is the lack of a standard nitrogen change port. If you don't plan on doing your own service, it doesn't matter. If you think at any point in the future you want to revalve, replace seals, or just recharge the shock yourself without sending it off for service, get the full-on Fox 2.0. Currently Fox charges 50.00/ shock to service.

Edit: for the record, if I did it again, I'd spend the extra money and get the full on version w service ports.

Last edited by tbburg; August 13th, 2016 at 11:15.
Old August 13th, 2016, 11:22
NAXJA Member

Fwiw I ordered their 'generic' 2.0's with the lengths I needed. The valving is set for more of a light truck vs xj. Rides great. Way better at higher speeds, can be a bit stiff in the neighborhood or mall. But otherwise happy with them thus far.
Old August 13th, 2016, 19:22
Got Shafted

There is not a typical schrader valve like the previous version on the performance series. You can purchase the needle which allows you to charge or rebuild them yourself. They can be found for cheaper but here is an example:

http://www.pacificcustoms.com/fox80201003.html
Old November 1st, 2017, 14:10
NAXJA Forum User

Hello everyone, I run on my Xj Fox 2.0 By-Pass up front and RR on the back, they are the performance series, more than happy with them, they are a bit stiff on the street but ones you go off road they perform superb!! had them for almost 5 years now and the only thing I have done to them is recharge them with nitro.

If I had to do my Xj again I would buy the same Fox I have now. Expensive at first but they pay for ones you speed up to 80 Mph off road and feel total control.