• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I found a free axle installation cart at the side of the road

Anak

Stranger
NAXJA Member
These are pretty common around here, sitting at the side of the road, waiting for a scrapper or someone to pick them up. I finally realized they have a use. You just have to remove the top half and discard it. (Or give it to Varmints to disassemble in the pursuit of knowledge.)

It isn't perfect. It would be nice if it had swivel casters at all four corners, but for the price I can't really complain. Sure beats trying to balance the axle on a floor jack.

Dana44InstallCart1OPT.jpg

It helps if the handle can be folded all the way down:

Dana44InstallCart2OPT.jpg

Cool. Does that have the late or early model style height adjustment?

Manual, four wheel, independent height adjusters.

its just plain weird that the home improvement stores all seem to keep those axle installation carts in the garden department.

You'd better get that thing back together before next Saturday. By the way the two post lift is vacant in the shop.... Are you ready to do some welding?

We better make some time before they tie up that lift with another truck. Have you ordered pieces?

its just plain weird that the home improvement stores all seem to keep those axle installation carts in the garden department.

Even weirder, I have yet to see one of those carts on a tool truck. And the carts are usually red. You would think the Snap On guy would have them. :dunno:

Don't encourage Bent. He is full of "clever" comments like that. The last thing he needs is encouragement.

:rolleyes:

Neat trick, but I will stick with an old set of wheels and tires, or just crib her up extra high and roll it under with the tires she'll end up wearing.

But yes, if you have no other way to do it, a darn fine idea.

Back