• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gear wrench pass thru socket set

Monster Mopar

NAXJA Forum User
Decided to pick up this set the other day

http://www.gearwrench.com/catalog/xl_pass-thru_system/gearratchet/setdetails.jsp?part=893823

I actually bought it for work to set the overhead on the Paccar MX engine since offset wrenches interfere with the rocker hold downs, but after using it thought I'd post up here.

The ratchet quality is on par with their ratcheting wrenches (which makes sense). What I like is they are pretty low profile, with a 10mm socket attached to the ratchet it has the same profile as my 1/4" drive snap-on ratchet with a shallow 10mm socket, and the ratchet indexes and locks in place. In addition the set comes with 3" and 6" extensions.

Figured it could free up some space in a trail tool box since 1 socket will work as either as a deep or shallow socket. I'm sure I'll pick up another set for home at some point.

I remember seeing them for the first time in the store and thinking they looked really hokey. But after working them and actually using them a few times I have more faith in them now.

Honestly not sure. The day I bought them I bought $500 worth of tools.... With that said all I can remember is it was under $100. Seeing as I got it off the tool truck I'm sure it wasn't the best price ever, but it seemed fair.

Back