• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ - Electric Fan Conversion Kit!

my problem isnt power. im curious to know if it cools better than a stock setup. my jeep runs on the hot side and i XXXXen hate it. and yes the motor and complete cooling system are brand new and have less than 1000 miles on them. i want a solution to my problem. what i dont want is to spend almost 200 bucks and still run hot. if this kit does keep the jeep cooler than the stock stuff then i will jump all over it.

my problem isnt power. im curious to know if it cools better than a stock setup. my jeep runs on the hot side and i XXXXen hate it. and yes the motor and complete cooling system are brand new and have less than 1000 miles on them. i want a solution to my problem. what i dont want is to spend almost 200 bucks and still run hot. if this kit does keep the jeep cooler than the stock stuff then i will jump all over it.
This should perform better, removing the mech fan reduces drag on the engine and free's up power used to spin the fan.
Sounds like you might be running lean, which usually equates to higher cylinder temps. Have you confirmed your sensors are all working properly. Maybe use a scanner to confirm temps/proper function.

This should perform better, removing the mech fan reduces drag on the engine and free's up power used to spin the fan.
Sounds like you might be running lean, which usually equates to higher cylinder temps. Have you confirmed your sensors are all working properly. Maybe use a scanner to confirm temps/proper function.

Mine was running like that due to a bad O2 fuse, But im still running at about 212.

This sounds like a great kit!

i didnt know that running lean would make it run hot. but if a sensor was bad would the check engine light come on? mine like to jump up to like 230 or better sometimes and pop its top. especially in summer when its hot.

You would want to take care of the mechanical issues. The electric fans work great at keeping the engine cool but you want to have it running good. If the engine is not running efficient you are losing MPG and performance, you are also putting more of a toll on the engine and cooling components.

Like I have stated previously, the electric conversion is not a magic pill to cure heating issues. On a working cooling system it will work great, but I can not guarantee results on a bad cooling system.

my cooling system is brand new im going to try this kit and see how it goes. ive spent more than that on dumber shit.

I have received your Electric fan kit and digital controller without any instructions... Ordering was easy but didn't receive my paid product until a month after i ordered it. Nobody will answer the phone, except for the well spoken, "foreign guy answering machine." or return my email. I didn't want to share my trouble but this maybe the only way for someone to return my call or email. I don't like to post any questions due to the amount of information you can find by searching. unfortunately i have no time to search. long story short... I hit deer + damage to my pride and joy xj = insurance MONEY !!!!! and rental car for two weeks. now i have paid out of my own pocket in rental fees for two more weeks waiting on a product that didn't come until today. I'm without time to figure out this and need instructions to get to work tomorrow. sorry NAXJA members if this is not in the correct forum but at this point, i don't care... if someone could take a pic or two that would be better than nothing.

I have received your Electric fan kit and digital controller without any instructions... Ordering was easy but didn't receive my paid product until a month after i ordered it. Nobody will answer the phone, except for the well spoken, "foreign guy answering machine." or return my email. I didn't want to share my trouble but this maybe the only way for someone to return my call or email. I don't like to post any questions due to the amount of information you can find by searching. unfortunately i have no time to search. long story short... I hit deer + damage to my pride and joy xj = insurance MONEY !!!!! and rental car for two weeks. now i have paid out of my own pocket in rental fees for two more weeks waiting on a product that didn't come until today. I'm without time to figure out this and need instructions to get to work tomorrow. sorry NAXJA members if this is not in the correct forum but at this point, i don't care... if someone could take a pic or two that would be better than nothing.

Hi Danny,

Sorry for your troubles, here is the manual for old brackets. I have not had time to make a new manual yet for the shroud version.

http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/docs/fan install.pdf

The main difference is the shroud mounts under the hood pin on the middle in addition to the outer bolts, other than that is all the same mounting.

I also only see the order was placed the 15th, and shipped the 27th. That is 8 business days for the item to ship. You should note that I upgraded you to the newer shroud design at no additional cost!

Also I don't see any emails from you? If you would like to discuss further please send me an email at [email protected].

Max

Hi Danny,

Sorry for your troubles, here is the manual for old brackets. I have not had time to make a new manual yet for the shroud version.

http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/docs/fan install.pdf

The main difference is the shroud mounts under the hood pin on the middle in addition to the outer bolts, other than that is all the same mounting.

I also only see the order was placed the 15th, and shipped the 27th. That is 8 business days for the item to ship. You should note that I upgraded you to the newer shroud design at no additional cost!

Also I don't see any emails from you? If you would like to discuss further please send me an email at [email protected].

Max

:yelclap: Awesome customer service/support!

Just thought I would give this set up a bump. Good quality product at a good price. I installed mine with the digital fan controller and everything is working beautifully. Jeep runs at whatever temp I set the controller at. Keep up the good work :thumbup:

I know this is an old thread, but Is this kit still something that is available? I see the one on the site is now over 500$, so just wondering if the 200$ price is for a different fan kit or if the price has changed that much over the years

Back