• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone in Wesmar (MD)?

SireniaM4

NAXJA Forum User
Just looking for someone that wants to help/work on builds. I've been replacing tons on a '99 I picked up, finished all the front components, and not sure what noises/issues to worry about and what I can ignore.

'99 Sport I6 4.0

I've replaced:

Steering knuckles
Ball joints
Axle u-joints
Wheel bearing hubs
Rotors
Calipers
Brake Pads
Tie rod
Drag link
All TRE's
Rear DS u-joints
Tranny mount
Cat-back exhaust
Re-built drums
15" wheels
31x10.5r15 tires

PO put on a 3" RC lift which came with:

Coils
Front/rear shocks
LCA's
AAL
Steering damper
Track bar

I'm getting the Rusty's 1" TC drop crossmember for vibes/grinding, already hit every zerk and lubed up the slip yoke with full synth +moly grease.

Still have random clunks from the front, everything feels tight and looks fine.

Would love another set of eyes on this damn thing. :rof:

I'm in Northern VA, which isn't that close to western maryland, but I've got an unused, new in box rustys drop kit for the tcase. it came with my MJ lift, but I went SYE and never used it. YOu're welcome to it if you wanna come get it or pay for shipping.

If you can get a repeatable process that creates the clunk or noise and then share that on the OEM or modified tech forums you'll get more help.

Random, but have you checked the control arm bushings and bolts? Swaybar links extended?

Ah shucks I already bought the tcase drop, thanks though. I would do an SYE but it drove great until I replaced the worn out tranny mount and pushed the tcase up about 1/4"-1/2" with the new mount. I figure a drop will be fine until I go 4.5".

Sway bar is on some Pro Comp 3-5" lift links, don't see any contact points. The bushings behind the bumper are older and the sway bar has a little side-to-side play but I greased them a bit which may have caused the slip.

LCA's are new (Nov 2015) and I've yanked on the UCA's with no play.

No worries. If you’re getting a clunk doing a certain thing that’ll help narrow down the possibilities. Also check your shocks to be sure they’re tight and look around your track bar mount and steering box to see if they might be loose or worn or cracked. Have someone work the steering wheel side to side to see if you see any play. Good time to check the caster too since the rig is lifted.

Best of luck!

If the track bar did not come with a new bracket I would check that.

Back