• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Damage Report.....

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Who broke what? I have a creak in my front which I believe to be a bad Track bar heim and some loose bolts. My front diff is leaking gear oil. :shhh: :dunno:

I had a front caliper stick a little on the way to the event.......other than that, I got nothin'.

Axle shaft, ball joints, hub, one of the heims in my steering, a taillight and some body damage. I'm sure I'll find more as I look over the Jeep.

I picked up my brand new tire today after Firestone decided that the slices in the sidewall qualified for replacement under road hazard....or "off-road hazard" as it were.

I don't have to fix a damn thing....missed most of you guys.

We missed you too Brian. How long would the drive from Texas be?

Long damn way
a4d3fde37ee7ab010dfa2fe9a9459a8e.png

Calvin bent the rear driveshaft. Put in the new one and will have this one re-tubed.

Peeled enough of the rear diff cover off that all the fluid dripped out on the trip home...all over the front of Carmine's truck. :D

damaged enough body on the driver side that door is almost not able to be put on...much less closed.

Pitman arm bolt (attaching the draglink) keeps coming loose. Need to put a lock nut on it.

The pass side spring plate stud/bolts keep backing out. May need to locktite them in or retap the holes for a slightly larger bolt.

I'm not done assessing.

I found diff fluid on the shop floor. I thought it was a pinion seal but it appears maybe the cover was peeled some.....

• Axle shaft u joints, didn't break just missing the needle bearings (through spares in Friday night to prevent a delay on the trail)
• driver rear quarter dented & taillight cracked
• steering box leaks worse now

...nothing too bad, considering I did 0 prep since last Crawl =/

- Transfer case front output bearing finally gave up
- Little bit of body damage
- Winch quit working
- Steering box has more play

I'm sure I'll find more as I get into it eventually.

Cut tire at AOP
knocked my oba rear air tank loose
I need a new skid plate for my tcase .

I had to pull my front driveshaft on the way home it started squealing

Saturday I noticed the trans front pump seal leaking, had to add 2 quarts on the way home

That's it but I really babied it down there

I forgot to ask you was that reasonably cheap?

We pulled up to this guys house. He has a shop in his side yard. He was building a retaining wall with cement. He asked if I could weld. He came and set up the welder for me, handed me gloves and a helmet and went back to his retaining wall. I finished welding it up and went to ask him what I owed him.

He said, "You pay me whatever you feel like that was worth to ya."
I said, "How's $20 bucks?"
He said, "If you feel like 2 minutes of doing your own welding was worth $20 then that works for me."

Bottom line, he's a really cool dude that's just there to help. He's on Wilson St. Right past the Funeral home on the right. Less than 2 miles from lower rock garden.

We pulled up to this guys house. He has a shop in his side yard. He was building a retaining wall with cement. He asked if I could weld. He came and set up the welder for me, handed me gloves and a helmet and went back to his retaining wall. I finished welding it up and went to ask him what I owed him.

He said, "You pay me whatever you feel like that was worth to ya."
I said, "How's $20 bucks?"
He said, "If you feel like 2 minutes of doing your own welding was worth $20 then that works for me."

Bottom line, he's a really cool dude that's just there to help. He's on Wilson St. Right past the Funeral home on the right. Less than 2 miles from lower rock garden.

Cool! Need to remember that. His name?

Back