• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Annual TO DO list

NAXJA Forum User
1) frame plating and move rear spring hangars out to make front leaves parallel. Keeps breaking the spring plate bolts in the housing on the passenger side of the front axle and well...leaves were meant to be parallel so it's time to make them right.

2) rebuild T-case if there time...it's stuck in low and I hate not being able to drive on the street with it...but it's not a problem for the Crawl if I don't do it this go round.

3) fix turn signal gremlins. replaced flasher and had left turn only and that was intermittent due to the old light sockets are OLD. Got new LED rear S<T<T<R lights. Got new LED front turn and markers and did some re-wiring. Now no blinkers at all even manually no matter how I wire it. :( hazards and markers, reverse and stop lights all work though.

4) fix AC in tow rig.

5) new front uni-bearings in tow rig

6) possibly new rear wheel bearings in tow rig

Load up drive North for 8 hours and wheel..... Unless I break something between now and then.....

Load up drive North for 8 hours and wheel..... Unless I break something between now and then.....

Don't you mean when...? LOL. I keep breaking things in my back yard with the jeep turned off!

Don't you mean when...? LOL. I keep breaking things in my back yard with the jeep turned off!

That is entirely possible. Wheeling a newish private park in a couple weeks. They have a hill I've heard that has not been conquered yet. Now IF I come into some additional funds then I'll see about some changes.....

Upgrade to zj he fan clutch
Wire switch to aux (a/c) fan relay to turn on when crawling
Replace harmonic balancer (noticed it wobbling a little)
Build winch bumper
Build rock sliders
Replace from joints and check all others
Go over Jeep in it's entirety with fine tooth comb
Load lots of gear
Drive a totally of 1500 miles to get there, wheel, be gentle on it but not too gentle, and drive 1500 miles home to work on Monday!
Lol

1) frame plating and move rear spring hangars out to make front leaves parallel. Keeps breaking the spring plate bolts in the housing on the passenger side of the front axle and well...leaves were meant to be parallel so it's time to make them right. ORDERED SOME PARTS AND NEED SOME ANGLE IRON. WELDING DATE IN THE SHOP AT MY OFFICE FOR MAY 13TH.

2) rebuild T-case if there time...it's stuck in low and I hate not being able to drive on the street with it...but it's not a problem for the Crawl if I don't do it this go round.-HAVE REBUILD KIT IN MY POSESSION

3) fix turn signal gremlins. replaced flasher and had left turn only and that was intermittent due to the old light sockets are OLD. Got new LED rear S<T<T<R lights. Got new LED front turn and markers and did some re-wiring. Now no blinkers at all even manually no matter how I wire it. :( hazards and markers, reverse and stop lights all work though.

4) fix AC in tow rig. - DONE

5) new front uni-bearings in tow rig - DONE

6) possibly new rear wheel bearings in tow rig- KNOCK ON WOOD IT WAS THE FRONT HUBS MAKING THE NOISE.

Get a new rear driveshaft......

TOW RIG:
1. Fix AC
2. Get new tires
3. Get new shocks
4. Install "boost elbow" (to limit boost)
5. Replace valve cover gaskets & check/adjust valves

TRAILER:
1. Install lights
2. Wire up trailer (has none)
3. Get spare tire
4. Install D-rings for tie down points

Pick a jeep... depends on how things line up. Would like to bring the Willys... :dunno:

WILLYS:
1. Would like to have better tires
2. Need a battery (can borrow from XJ for trip)
3. Top off fluids... she's a leaker
4. Load up trail gear
(Hasn't seen trails in 4 years)

Or...

XJ:
1. Top off & check fluids
2. Load up trail gear
(Hasn't seen trails since last year)

1) frame plating and move rear spring hangars out to make front leaves parallel. Keeps breaking the spring plate bolts in the housing on the passenger side of the front axle and well...leaves were meant to be parallel so it's time to make them right. -DONE!!!!! Well springs moved anyway. Frame plating will be next year. Also moved the track bar mount off the pass side spring plate down onto the axle.-discovered I think I have a spring that's got a little less arch than it's mate...OR the MJ is tweaked which is just as likely.

2) rebuild T-case if there time...it's stuck in low and I hate not being able to drive on the street with it...but it's not a problem for the Crawl if I don't do it this go round-SCHEDULED FOR SATURDAY JUNE 3

4) fix AC in tow rig-DONE

5) new front uni-bearings in tow rig-DONE

6) possibly new rear wheel bearings in tow rig-should not need

QUOTE=chuck619120;246485609]Well this is what I am planning on driving down with:

No pics but done a few trails with 29" tires before. A few dents, so no worries about that. Not gonna tear it up bad, just wanna have a good time. I am sure some one will run moderate trails with me, who knows I may try some harder ones LOL. Can't wait to do this.

31" tires, aussie lockers front and rear, stock gears(lol), and not much else[/QUOTE]

Just pulled the trigger on these:

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/10495.html

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/xjrocksliders1.jpg

Estimated delivery is June 7, so almost a month to get em on. Should help to avoid some dents LOL

To Do:

1. Buy a tow rig
2. Source a trailer

My list has changed.....

Fix steering box shaft seal.
Make sure radiator is not leaking.
Add rear support to the 205.
determine if I will address the change in shaft type and rotate my pinion down.
Fix winch solenoid pack or replace winch......

Saturday we're installing a ZJ steering box since I ripped mine off the frame 2 weekends ago...then if there's time rebuild the T-case.

Hopefully that's it. Oh...I have no blinkers either so that may just ruin the whole trip...NOT.

Hopefully that's it. Oh...I have no blinkers either so that may just ruin the whole trip...NOT.

You are likely just low on blinker fluid...top it off and you'll be fine.

Yeah I do need to check it...may need to flush the system too. :D

Any one got some(blinker fluid) they can bring? I think mine is low as they seem to blink really fast. TIA

I will bring extra.

I also have 3 canooter valves and a tire air rotation assembly.

Replace radiator and fuel pump that crapped out this week....

Back