• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ruff stuff diy la

in4aride

NAXJA Forum User
Any of you local boys have experience with it? Thought I had a long arm deal worked out but having to go a different route. Was eyeing the ruff stuff kit but wanted any local guy feedback. Thanks.

Yeah I saw that aspect of it as well. As this will be more for camping and exploring than hard wheeling I'm not too overly concerned since it sits about the same as most bolt in applications.

Yeah I hear ya.

I've come to realize how nice it is to be able to remove your crossmember(s) and not need to worry about the axle walking away.

If I ever get away from the BDS 4 link on the front of Nikki's Jeep, I'll be doing something where the crossmember can be removed without having to worry about getting it back in.

Yeah I was thinking of doing this, while low hanging, like I did the 3 link arms on the blacksheep project. Be full width so not worried about tire contact.

Yeah tire contact can be a pain, though in reality there's not enough turning radius with D30's to really matter much.

If I were going to do those I'd definitely do some sort of frame bracing. Heck, maybe even just sleeve the horizontal part of the frame while I'm at it and call it good.

I'd put stiffeners on the entire rail if I were welding on a set like these (nice price, really)... I think there is some serious torque concentrated at the radius end, and you'd want to spread that throughout the unibody to prevent cracking...

I'd put stiffeners on the entire rail if I were welding on a set like these (nice price, really)... I think there is some serious torque concentrated at the radius end, and you'd want to spread that throughout the unibody to prevent cracking...

Yeah. That's how I did it on the 3 link. Really I think the mounting point would need to be longer than the short box they send with the kit. I'm plating front to rest on this one.

Back