• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Don't glue them. Quarter panels don't see much flex or twist. Floors in an XJ on the other hand offer some amount of strength and they flex alot. At minimum I stitch weld them to the existing flooring and the uniframe rails.

Yea but I’m part of the TJ club now:spin1:

When replacing floor sections, we welding or body glue?
I know in body shops they glue on quarters and such. Figured why bother with welding if that’s how the pros do it...
I welded in the last ones I did. Then put some seam sealer over top it.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Some people need training on how to secure a vehicle!

57ee808f2670d431b47bc981ebb3d3e3.jpg

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulatio...securement-chapter-9-automobiles-light-trucks

I'd use wood screws to hold old license plates over the holes

Try to get Rob to build you a rear bumper too, he loves building them.
Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Come on I gave up my plastic, now you want me get rid of my cool side ways D rings too?

Was one of the first mods I did too the jeep:

Later I bought some cool black ones to match the bad ass bumper:

Ok I was joking, but after more thought I wanted to add this thought. This was after I first bought this jeep. I knew I needed tow points. Front hooks are easy, several companies sell em. How to make some for the rear? Let me search the internet. I found several threads about building bumper mounts using nut strips. I ended up using some 1" flat stock, the stock bumper mounts, and some scrap steel from work. I then realized the ideas I was using were all from a site called NAXJA, well cool let me check this out. So basically this one simple mod led me to meet some really cool people. And the rest is History, LOL

Last edited:
Chuck what size lift is that and what size tire in the picture?

4" maybe 4.5". I used iron rock 4" front springs and added the extra isolator you gave me to match the rear. the rear is a bastard pack of iron rock add a leaf of 2", and another xj main with 1.5" shackles and .5" relocation brackets. The tires in the pic are the old 31's.

Best pic I have of same lift with cut fenders and with the new 33's

Last edited:
4174fa1a6e085a25df34760d1c9b161f.jpg

My favorite way to split an engine and tranny.

mac ‘easy button’ gyvr

Went to Hot Springs again, to wheel this weekend. I really like that place!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Nephew's 00 XJ has had a hard start/long crank for a month or so but today it almost didnt start and when it did it ran like poo. So now he's learning how to drop the tank to check FPR hose. Even if its not whats wrong with it this is his punishment for backing into my old ford van denting the door yesterday(pics later).

Back