• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockin' XJ Raffle thread.

Captain Ron

NAXJA Forum User
Yep, it's that time again folks. JV in November; some of the hottest and deepest rocks on the planet, fine trail running, lots of great XJ folks, entertainment by Sobe, this here raffle to benefit FOPV, and we'll find out just who is the master... and whom be the student ( Ryan... :D ) in the homebrewing department.

What else besides wheelin' is there? :D

So here goes. The vendors are lining up, and I'm going to list the goods as they come in. If you have something to donate to the raffle, post it up!

This is a very preliminary list to get things rolling:

The SoCal and Sierra Chapters will be donating Safety Seal kits, Straps, A Hi-Lift or two and other misc. goodies.

Rigwerks will doing a repeat donation of a Mile Marker AND a Warn winch...

So here's your chance to win some nice equipment while at the same time contributing to very worthy important fight for access in our immediate area, and support the :NAXJA: California Chapters. You do not need to be a member of :NAXJA: to participate in the raffle.

--ron

PS: Good chance that Santa will be there in person so don't be like LawnCher and get your Christmas canceled this year. I'll be checking his list, so come out and buy tickets even if your junk can't make it this year. :D

Thanks Ron!

I hear there will be a pair of Beard seats. :)

oh dear... your gonna bring 1 whole Keg of Red?
The only thing I need to perfect is the carbonation levels of each individual style that I brewed...
FYI Everybody, I not sure if I am going or not. I can't plan that far into the future right now. But I am brewing like I will be there. And if I do Make it out to Goatfest as per my intentions. Then I recomend that everyone plan on NOT BRINGING BEER!
Between me And the Capt'n we should have quite a few choices of barley soda.
I have been on a brewing frenzy of making a 5 gallon batch about every weekend.
So whats ready... glad you asked.
currently I have been consuming a Belgian Wit Ale. A lot of people that try it like it but I found it to be of a slightly different taste than what I like.
behind it I have a German Honey DunkelWeizen. (Attn: Rick Beers, a pint of this at the top of Wrecking ball will have you walking as crooked as that damn Jager last year)
In the other fridge I have a regular German DunkelWeizen. same as the honey but without the honey and a different HefeWeizen yeast. Both have a noticable bannana and clove flavor.
Then I have a cream Ale. very light in color, middle of the road in bitterness. Very smooth light ale at about 5.25% alcohol. This is a new favorite.
In the Fermenter stinking up my office as I type is a very traditional Belgian trappist Ale. Its tough to describe this style other than really frickin good and it will having you walking backwards by nights end.
Next to the Trappist is an Apricot Melomel or mead. And I still need to add a couple of scotch Bonnet peppers to the mead to give it a tasty kickk.
Then there are the two other batches I have left to brew. Grain is on the shelf in air tight containers. One is for a Honey Porter and the other is for that Cream Ale. since it is so good I keep drinking it. I got a month so I might as well use the time wiesely.

Rawbrown said:
oh dear... your gonna bring 1 whole Keg of Red?
The only thing I need to perfect is the carbonation levels of each individual style that I brewed...
FYI Everybody, I not sure if I am going or not. I can't plan that far into the future right now. But I am brewing like I will be there. And if I do Make it out to Goatfest as per my intentions. Then I recomend that everyone plan on NOT BRINGING BEER!
Between me And the Capt'n we should have quite a few choices of barley soda.
I have been on a brewing frenzy of making a 5 gallon batch about every weekend.
So whats ready... glad you asked.
currently I have been consuming a Belgian Wit Ale. A lot of people that try it like it but I found it to be of a slightly different taste than what I like.
behind it I have a German Honey DunkelWeizen. (Attn: Rick Beers, a pint of this at the top of Wrecking ball will have you walking as crooked as that damn Jager last year)
In the other fridge I have a regular German DunkelWeizen. same as the honey but without the honey and a different HefeWeizen yeast. Both have a noticable bannana and clove flavor.
Then I have a cream Ale. very light in color, middle of the road in bitterness. Very smooth light ale at about 5.25% alcohol. This is a new favorite.
In the Fermenter stinking up my office as I type is a very traditional Belgian trappist Ale. Its tough to describe this style other than really frickin good and it will having you walking backwards by nights end.
Next to the Trappist is an Apricot Melomel or mead. And I still need to add a couple of scotch Bonnet peppers to the mead to give it a tasty kickk.
Then there are the two other batches I have left to brew. Grain is on the shelf in air tight containers. One is for a Honey Porter and the other is for that Cream Ale. since it is so good I keep drinking it. I got a month so I might as well use the time wiesely.

One track mind? :laugh2:

Ok Fine...
to make it relevent.
I'll add to the donation, a half yard glass with a stand filled with my choice of what I want you to drink. trust me, it will be upwards of 7.9% homebrew. Drink that and you win another glass full of a different flavor.:yelclap:
But I gotta be present to give away the gift.

4xSanta said:
Santa will be there and I want all you kids to send your mom over to me to sit on my lap and tell me what you want for christmas. HO! HO! HO!

Ok, I guess that I can bring mom to sit on your lap!!

Thanks Hot Rod Oil!

Bill and Lincoln Assendrup of Assendrup Offroad along with Richard G are providing a set of Beard Super Seats, and a set of super duty Rachet Straps!

Jes is bringing a set of his Door Guards!

The list is growing, lots more to come...

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Thanks Hot Rod Oil!

Bill and Lincoln Assendrup of Assendrup Offroad along with Richard G are providing a set of Beard Super Seats, and a set of super duty Rachet Straps!

Jes is bringing a set of his Door Guards!

The list is growing, lots more to come...

--ron

Go figure ASS Offroad would be bringing seats :wierd:

Sending money for raffle tickets....out of town that week!

Oh and URF is donating a set of barpin eliminator, eliminators. See them here: www.urfracing.com

Okay.

There will also be a certificate for four BF Goodrich AT or MT Tires in any size (Max rim size, 17") your twisted little mind fancies.

So bring your money, bring your money, and bring your money!

GSequoia said:
Okay.

There will also be a certificate for four BF Goodrich AT or MT Tires in any size (Max rim size, 17") your twisted little mind fancies.

39" Krawlers?

cracker said:
GSequoia said:

39" Krawlers?
Note the spot highlighted in blue.

and and just in case, I will bring an extra t-case drop for the raffle. can't have a raffle without one of those in there.
It suxs to not be a vendor anymore. Now all I can give away is beer and whatever parts are collecting dust on my shelf.

Back