• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No marker lights, no brake lights, no dash lights

twodoorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
For the past year or so ive had problems with my entire lighting system.

As of now, the marker lights are out, the tail lights are out, and the interior dash lights are out. The fuses and bulbs are all good. I installed a new headlight switch, with no luck.

I have no idea where to start. I cant drive this thing at night.

Anyone have any ideas?

Year?????????????????????????????????

I don't know much about the later years, but I would start with the fuses under the hood. Also check and or search for where the body grounds that the lighting uses are located and check them.

Ignition switch maybe, not sure on 98....also the headlight switch maybe, but not sure on that year as a lot wiring changed by then.

For the past year or so ive had problems with my entire lighting system.

As of now, the marker lights are out, the tail lights are out, and the interior dash lights are out. The fuses and bulbs are all good. I installed a new headlight switch, with no luck.

I have no idea where to start. I cant drive this thing at night.

Anyone have any ideas?

Some things to consider:

One would think bad grounds but all these circuits have seperate grounds and there are other circuits at the same ground points, so if you have no other problems except your lights I would suspect a power source problem.

The power for the instrument panel dimmer, brake and marker lights comes from the Junction Block (in the passenger foot well).

Did you check Fuses F6 (instrument panel dimmer), F23, and F7 (Brake & Marker lights) in the Junction Block?

Your Owner's Manual shows the location of each of these fuses. Even if the fuse looks good, replace it with a new one.

Some things to consider:

One would think bad grounds but all these circuits have seperate grounds and there are other circuits at the same ground points, so if you have no other problems except your lights I would suspect a power source problem.

The power for the instrument panel dimmer, brake and marker lights comes from the Junction Block (in the passenger foot well).

Did you check Fuses F6 (instrument panel dimmer), F23, and F7 (Brake & Marker lights) in the Junction Block?

Your Owner's Manual shows the location of each of these fuses. Even if the fuse looks good, replace it with a new one.

Or a common ground close to or near the battery - post?

Back