• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Oh this XJ DJ sold me is in excellent shape a steal at his advertised price. I'm going to keep it close to stock add maybe 31s and a few trail items and possibly swap a. 8.25 in and add lockers. I figure this will be a great commuter and mild trail rig for easy trails .

20180322_151247-528x400.jpg
10 year old paint
20180322_151206-528x400.jpg
10 year old paint
20180322_151155-528x400.jpg
10 year paint
20180322_151217-528x400.jpg
Fender is new crushed old one painted and installed in a TA parking lot...notice it matches and looks just like a body shop did the work . Fender paint is now over two years old no cracking.
20180322_151220-528x400.jpg
Same fender.. figured I'd post that info for folks that said 2k clear in a can does not work, well a picture is worth 1000 words...bs vs proof.

Oh this XJ DJ sold me is in excellent shape a steal at his advertised price. I'm going to keep it close to stock add maybe 31s and a few trail items and possibly swap a. 8.25 in and add lockers. I figure this will be a great commuter and mild trail rig for easy trails .

I'm a bit jealous. I've been trying to find a decently priced 98+ stocker on and off for a while now with zero luck.

My Ford is 7 years older and its park lamp fuse hasn't popped. .!.. :D ..!.

I ran across a Ford 3 cylinder diesel last week at work, head off getting a new head gasket, ancient beast Wiggins forklift with 4ft diameter tires you guys would drool over, LOL.

My 1981 Nissan SD-22 diesel still runs like a new engine :)

No more fords in our driveway LOL

2K clear coat in a can? Tell me more please

My Ford is 7 years older and its park lamp fuse hasn't popped. .!.. :D ..!.

Yeah I stepped on the 4 flat connection at night taking piss at Holy cross camping before wheeling and ripped it in two and cut the plugs in half butt spliced them back and when parked it at the house was too lazy to cut it when I unhooked but forgot to shut the lights off this shorted the fuse , which I forgot to replace the no power at the 7 pin was also my doing ... Tail lights are just reminders to Ford guys who's in front anyway

2K clear coat in a can? Tell me more please

Spray max and a few others like Eastwood make a two part can it has a bladder in it you pop that and it mixes in a ratio 4:1 they offer different ratios of catalyst depending on humidity level like 3:1 . Thisis the same stuff you would mix and spray in a gun and only last a few hours before it cures. I Bought 10 cans of the spray max on eBay pretty cheap still have most of it you can also buy the chemicals in a can to spot blend edges of new clear with old . That fender is pb5 from the automotive paint shop loaded into a fan til can and spray max 2k in a can . The fender is a tong yang shipped e coated it was scuffed with 400 hit with a good layer of 2k urethane primer ...eastwood... and then scuffed with 400 grt and hit with base color then 3 coats of spray maxx sat for 24hrs then wet sanded with 1000 ...it had very minimal orange peel...then finished with mguires 10 cut . and badging put back on.

After I get the big jeep done for the 3rd time I am going to be looking at buying maybe a srt10 pickup the 2500 is pretty much for towing my big xj only now it's been paid off awhile and still runs like new the baby xj works well for commuting , and something cool to play with not off road related would be sweet . The srt10 are easily had for about 25k low miles I like the idea of a stick and shifting a sport truck .

Finally got a baja basket done for the buggy.

Ironically, I'll need to figure out a cooler situation, since my old location is now slightly covered and there's a fire extinguisher in the way.

40078661695_1a35ab9f2e_c.jpg

It'll be nice to carry and strap down my tool bag, small spares/electrical bag, and air compressor.

My tool bag (16" Husky bag) weighs 40 lbs. :laugh: You can see it sitting on the shelf behind the perforated sheet in the upper left hand of the picture.

It was put together to hold nearly everything one could want or need in efficient, easy to carry and use packaging :D

Ironically, I'll need to figure out a cooler situation, since my old location is now slightly covered and there's a fire extinguisher in the way.

40078661695_1a35ab9f2e_c.jpg

It'll be nice to carry and strap down my tool bag, small spares/electrical bag, and air compressor.

My tool bag (16" Husky bag) weighs 40 lbs. :laugh: You can see it sitting on the shelf behind the perforated sheet in the upper left hand of the picture.

It was put together to hold nearly everything one could want or need in efficient, easy to carry and use packaging :D
All this and no on the road to Moab pics. For shame sir. For shame.

Buggy makes me drool every time I see it.

Could look into a soft sided cooler.

I picked up one of these, but the back pack style.

http://www.polarbearcoolers.com/product/24-pack-H2O.html

Haven't got a chance to use it yet. But love the fit and finish.

Ordered up a wicked wheel 2 for my truck's turbo today, and sending my chip in for custom tunes. No more turbo shudder for me and I'll have a quasi-exhaust brake too.

Back