• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I started gathering parts to do my disc brake swap. I went to the junk yard in Lebanon yesterday late in the afternoon. Grabbed the rotors and calipers and could not for the life of me get the e-brake cable off the backing plate. I'm not sure if it was just because I was up against time or what, but that spring would not move for me to push the cable through the bracket.

When I got back home, I remembered when I put the t-case in neutral, I saw the parking brake was engaged. Why I didn't release it at that time is beyond me. I'm pretty sure that tension is why I couldn't remove the cable.

In any case, I'm heading back on Wednesday to finish collecting parts.

I started gathering parts to do my disc brake swap. I went to the junk yard in Lebanon yesterday late in the afternoon. Grabbed the rotors and calipers and could not for the life of me get the e-brake cable off the backing plate. I'm not sure if it was just because I was up against time or what, but that spring would not move for me to push the cable through the bracket and I just couldn't figure out why.

When I got back home, I remembered when I put the t-case in neutral, I saw the parking brake was engaged. Why I didn't release it at that time is beyond me. I'm pretty sure that tension is why I couldn't remove the cable.

In any case, I'm heading back on Wednesday to finish collecting parts.

I'm glad you all reminded me. This is the first time I've ever gone red.

Only took me 10 years.

Are you going to buy a membership? We have 3 days left to hit first place. Only need 3 new memberships at the moment.

My membership is supposed to renew this month. I need to see if it has come out yet.

Congrats to all the new members. It's worth supporting a club that supports our hobbies.

I'm not dead....well not yet anyway. I did manage to renew today. Gonna stay red for another year, even if I don't have a running Jeep.

Also, yesterday I got the PSC steering box installed with the pump and pulley too. Lines are installed too. Waiting for the PS cooler and cylinder to arrive.

I have been taking pictures along the way of my axle builds, but just haven't updated my build thread yet. That will come soon.

Installed a new Radio in the Dodge Tow Pig. Closed off the ends of the rear bumper on the XJ & Nipped off some front fender, and getting ready to lift the front another 2 inches. That is all, carry on.

Cleared more shrubs and trees from Deanna's property and burnt it all. Found a leak at the drain grommet on the ghost. Went to Twisted Spur in Columbia for dinner and a beer with the new Wife on Easter Sunday.

Spent both days getting the driver side leaf spring off, then spent 20 minutes on Sunday putting the new OME leaf on. Sheared the shock bracket bolts clean off though :flame: . Oh well...

Back