• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1991 Comanche Build(AKA the POS Jeep)

I'd be interested in more info on what you did for the coilover mounts on the front. I'm going to be doing that on another build soon. Also I recently broke a 35 spline shaft in my 60 rear. 4.0 auto 203/205 in low and bound up good.... :( :bawl:

I'd be interested in more info on what you did for the coilover mounts on the front. I'm going to be doing that on another build soon. Also I recently broke a 35 spline shaft in my 60 rear. 4.0 auto 203/205 in low and bound up good.... :( :bawl:

They are the Ballistic fab towers, so far just welded to stuff you can see. Once I get the front cage done they’ll get tied into it all. Only thing I would change about it so far is that I would like them 12” high instead of 10”. Maybe if you contact them they could cut them a little higher.

They are the Ballistic fab towers, so far just welded to stuff you can see. Once I get the front cage done they’ll get tied into it all. Only thing I would change about it so far is that I would like them 12” high instead of 10”. Maybe if you contact them they could cut them a little higher.

That is good to know. Do I see a space off from the frame? Looks all tied to track bar too.

That is good to know. Do I see a space off from the frame? Looks all tied to track bar too.

Yeah I have a Superduty front, so it is stupid wide and to manage the packaging of everything and to get the coilovers vertical I stepped it off of the frame with some 2x4 box. Here are the two sides.

F4049F6B-AB4B-4770-AA28-785396156BE3_zpsqzaezwnk.jpeg

0F54D473-998D-400A-8EC0-2DF736F8B557_zpsh0ury63j.jpeg

If you need more pictures let me know, but I’ve already sprayed underbody coating on it.

Ok that explains that. I looked and Barns has towers that are 14" but not 12" and the ballistic ones are 10".

Back