• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OfferUp Finds

Greenz

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I recently heard about a buy & sell app called OfferUp. I personally don't like smart phone only apps because I find searching or viewing multiple items tiresome and I give up easily. However OfferUp will work on my laptop so I gave it a try. Its still clunky compared to Craigslist and doesn't seem to have the same amount of traffic. Some folks are experimenting with other internet vehicles besides Craigslist due to a few bad apples out there. With so many different ways to buy and sell used items, I thought it worthwhile to expand my horizons to find a specific item I was looking for.

Well success happened within the first few minutes. I found the exact winch model I was looking for. I was then able to add the app to my phone which made it easy to communicate and meet in a public place for the exchange. No phone numbers or email addresses had to be exchanged.

Because I had success, I thought I would share a great deal. Will post below.

Mods, if find this post in the wrong place or against policy, I wont get butt hurt if you have to fix it.

M9000 winch with Haws https://offerup.com/item/detail/313293225/

I got the M8000. It was brand new. All parts there in new condition even though it said factory reconditioned. Came with a certified tag with a real human signature and date. Serial number all matched. The guy bit on a low ball cash offer. Thought he would meet me in the middle. Just saying.

Don't press make an offer or it will send confirmation you want that price. Just send an "ask a question" message first.

Good luck!

Nice job!! Offer up is ok, I’ve sold a bunch of stuff on it. I find the amount of flakes is over the top though. But you did good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've bought and sold things on there too. Yes some flaky people on there. Even had a guy agree to buy a car and meet up somewhere then not show and waste my time. I do like the fact you can report people for behaviours and actions.

Letgo is another app not sure if a website as well like offer up. But flaky people as well. On both I talked to more then a few disrespectful people that didn't like my answers to offers to things I was selling. So keep that in mind when dealing with people on the two. Let go seemed to be the worse of the two.

I've bought and sold things on there too. Yes some flaky people on there. Even had a guy agree to buy a car and meet up somewhere then not show and waste my time. I do like the fact you can report people for behaviours and actions.

Letgo is another app not sure if a website as well like offer up. But flaky people as well. On both I talked to more then a few disrespectful people that didn't like my answers to offers to things I was selling. So keep that in mind when dealing with people on the two. Let go seemed to be the worse of the two.

The worst is the guy your supposed to meet and he never shows. At least an ignored email you can deal with.

That's where I found my $2,000 dollar axles for $300 lol
It's a decent app just have to be patient as most don't reply right away like Facebook or Craigslist does.

Back