• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Indy or BV Anyone?

freerider15

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I thought I was going to be running Carnage this coming weekend (May 6th-7th), but it turns out he's headed to Moab for the weekend as there was some disconnect in communication.

So, still wouldn't mind doing some wheeling.

Thinking either BV (Carnage/Chinamans), maybe head up to Holy Cross?

Or, head down to Penrose and play around a bit.

Anyone?

Well I gots to cut off the bump tower I bent ...30 minute fix . and fix the cut wire to my transmission speed sensor so I got more than 1st gear ...probably do that tomorrow would love to run Carnage ...HC only has Cleveland rock , which I do want to try again .

I can't this weekend but thinking of attempting something a week or two later depending if I fix my rear shaft and stuff anytime soon.

Be fixing it soon enough to be back down to return the wheels...right ;-)

Will be pulling the 38tsl off the set of MRW bead locks I got from John's shop ( the flop shop) ...lol...in 2015 they all have really good tread a couple have plugs but hold air these are old but not falling apart they would be great tires for a dedicated trail rig ...I do not do Craig's list and these are FREE if they don't find a home they will go to the tire shop for disposal .

Forgot to mention the big ass failed patch and tube in atleast one so far lmao

Text me so we can figure out how to get your wheels back to you quickly.
303-941-6744

Forgot to mention the big ass failed patch and tube in atleast one so far lmao

Text me so we can figure out how to get your wheels back to you quickly.
303-941-6744

one of those was mega f-ing heavy ...guess that would be the patch and tube ?...these were bought from Johns shop ...the flop shop...John would be the old head fabricator from Crawlertech I never used these they are 30-smalls they were on the wheels when purchased so no idea what was hidden inside ...I have one tire I forgot on a non beadlock you can have that one to make 4 . I could see the plugs , but for off road I was not concerned , but the inner tube would have been a nice mention ...Anyway just let ne know what and when I am pretty flexible so just let me know .

Last edited:
one of those was mega f-ing heavy ...guess that would be the patch and tube ?...these were bought from Johns shop ...the flop shop...John would be the old head fabricator from Crawlertech I never used these they are 30-smalls they were on the wheels when purchased so no idea what was hidden inside ...I have one tire I forgot on a non beadlock you can have that one to make 4 . I could see the plugs , but for off road I was not concerned , but the inner tube would have been a nice mention ...Anyway just let ne know what and when I am pretty flexible so just let me know .

You got he heavy part right. These would snap my little 8" Toyota axles in a second. Hindsight I should have not taken them but I got excited by the tread depth!

Do either of you have week days off? I was thinking of talking my wife into a penrose run for my birthday on the 16th...

You got he heavy part right. These would snap my little 8" Toyota axles in a second. Hindsight I should have not taken them but I got excited by the tread depth!

They wanted $800 for those and when I asked if he'd separate they dropped to $400 since I only wanted the wheels ...All I come to expect from the honesty of most shops at this point . The tread was great hence why I thought great free tires for trail rig .

Do either of you have week days off? I was thinking of talking my wife into a penrose run for my birthday on the 16th...

Shyt I have not had a job since Dec 21st ...lol...I will be going back I think this month ...Have to stop spending savings and go back to work sometime ...but for next couple weeks 7 days a week free ...Penrose is in my list , so I'd be down .

i was looking to maybe go wheeling this weekend but was hoping to go somewhere other than buen or penrose as i've been to both twice already this year. and i doubt you'll get too far on holy cross. last year we ran it on june 28 and we were the first ones to make it to the city.

i was looking to maybe go wheeling this weekend but was hoping to go somewhere other than buen or penrose as i've been to both twice already this year. and i doubt you'll get too far on holy cross. last year we ran it on june 28 and we were the first ones to make it to the city.

What's realistic ?

Newp, weekends only for me. If I'm off during the week and wheeling, it's for the week :laugh:

i don't know but was hoping for maybe something different

I hear ya, but unless one heads over to the Western Slope, I don't think much is going to be open that's more geared towards us.

I didn't make it through Indy last time, and I still have that damn waterfall on my list on Carnage.

Next year, hopefully next year I'll have this rig ready for Carnage and Penrose. I'm so tired of starting over with rigs. Last one darn it. Last one.

Welp...if there is any real serious plans for a trip this week I'll hold off on putting the 48ft of free DOM I just got from GrimJeeper to use .

Welp...if there is any real serious plans for a trip this week I'll hold off on putting the 48ft of free DOM I just got from GrimJeeper to use .

If you put any more tube on your rig, it may not be able to move under its own power.

Back