• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Monthly Trail Runs

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Time for the Chapter Members to speak up!

Where do you want to go this year?

Keep in mind that we have to schedule two days for the Adopt-a-Road program. They have to be completed before September 30.

MSV/Coney is always high on my list. Kelly Flats is ok. I really like Spring Creek, Webster Pass/Red Cone, Bill Moore Lake, and Holy Cross. I would absolutely love to do another Holy Cross trip.

I'd be in for holy Cross. Spring Creek was great last year. And I'm still saying wheeler lake.

There's also all those blm trails by kremmeling. Trough a d sidewinder,but I have never run them.

I'd be in for holy Cross. Spring Creek was great last year. And I'm still saying wheeler lake.

There's also all those blm trails by kremmeling. Trough a d sidewinder,but I have never run them.
Wheeler Lake is on my bucket list!

"Leadville!" you say! Tell us more about these trails near Leadville! :thumbup:

There's mosquito pass (not too challenging just bumpy but great views from the saddle at 13000+ feet), Halfmoon gultch (some water crossings that can get deep-ish when the snow melts and a cool old mill near the end of the trail), Mt. Elbert (challenging in spots). Birdseye Gultch is pretty fun and Mt Zion is generally easy but has some of the best scenery in Colorado in my opinion. Really want to run Holy Cross this year as I didnt get to it last summer.

Need to run them in mid to late July through August to make sure the snow is melted enough. I can also coordinate with the local club (Two mile high offroad)
for guides and support if needed.

I would be down to run those. If only there was like a week long camping/wheeling trip we could organize. :D

Yah, it went for almost a week, missing the final day due to torrential rains. :)

Yah, it went for almost a week, missing the final day due to torrential rains. :)

I don't think the week was on schedule the start of the first run ? But most of the trails resemble sight seeing trails a couple old ladies may dig .

I don't think the week was on schedule the start of the first run ? But most of the trails resemble sight seeing trails a couple old ladies may dig .

Time for the Chapter Members to speak up!

Where do you want to go this year?

Keep in mind that we have to schedule two days for the Adopt-a-Road program. They have to be completed before September 30.
No one excluded George from making suggestions.

That's no way to talk about Fred and Mike, just because they're collecting Social Security and need a walker to get to their Jeeps doesn't mean they aren't still valuable members of this Chapter. Be nice to our resident blue hairs. :laugh2:

That's no way to talk about Fred and Mike, just because they're collecting Social Security and need a walker to get to their Jeeps doesn't mean they aren't still valuable members of this Chapter. Be nice to our resident blue hairs. :laugh2:
Yup, we might make you some lemonade!
snap1.21031.4.jpg

Back