• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek Aug 27

I should be down if I get the new parts installed on the XJ in time.

Keep your fingers crossed that mine will be ready!

After making Cleveland rock without the need of Mr. Warn to drag it over I feel Spring Creek is beneath big Bertha .... lol...I may run it if we are not running Penrose that weekend .

Not sure if I'll have the jeep ready. Now that the parts are stacking up it seems like it'll take me longer than I thought.

Gears, Artec Truss, and Zip Locker for the front axle. Gears and a limited slip into the rear axle. I also have a VIAIR OBA system to install and a heim joint steering setup that is supposed to be on the way. Unfortunately I have drill this weekend and next weekend I'm putting gears and lockers in somebody else's rig.

If people would just hurry up and buy the stuff I'm selling on CL then I'd get my 35's ordered too.

Edit: Oh yeah, I also have a winch to install if my custom fairlead gets here and that'll require me to cut out most of the lower radiator support/front cross-member.

Last edited:
I've ran the Creek 4 times while bored the last few weeks in between weekend runs . Im still waiting for my background check to go through before I can Interview and hire on , so I will probably run it again during the week since I got no job to go to ...lol..bummer . I need to replace my winch controller I had the fancy wireless Warn and left the remote on my trailer while leaving Buena Vista .

Doesn't look like ill be going on this one. driving home last night I had a brake line on the rear axle blow out. seeing as I work the rest of the week and Saturday it wont be ready for the trail sunday. ill have to catch the next trip up.

Awesome.

I got the front axle done tonight, I'll have it in the Jeep tomorrow night maybe. I'm hoping to knock out the rear axle Friday. I've got a buddy coming over on Saturday to have a wrench party on his Jeep. Installing gears and a front true-trac on his. That'll hopefully give me Sunday and Monday to get the OBA installed, run all my air lines, and get the winch installed.

I'm still waiting on my bead locks and new steering to get here. Tracking info generated today on the bead locks but so far I've got nothing on the steering.

Well I'm most likely not going to make it now as I'm apparently an idiot. Just got done pulling the 8.25 before lunch, ate some Taco Hell, and then realized that I had ordered the wrong gears for the 8.25 axle. I called around to TNT Customs, 4Wheel Parts, Trail Jeeps, Bull Hide, High Country, Hooligan, and everybody else I could think of and nobody has 4.88's in stock. Now I have to send these back to Ron's Machining Services and wait on the replacements to get here. I'll keep plugging away at the other stuff on my Jeep but I doubt I'll get the new gears in time to install them before Sunday's trip.

Already looked, not eligible for Amazon Prime and I'm not paying 120$ to over night them.

They're also cheaper direct through either Revolution or Ron's Machining.

Back