• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hackett Gulch, 3-25-17, 10:00 AM!

Hypoid

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Two weeks and counting!

This is an "official" Chapter run, assemble at the trail head by 10:00 AM. Pretend we live in Colorado and bring enough food, water, & warm clothing to spend a night in the woods.

If anyone coming from the North wants to caravan, we can rally in Sedalia by 8:30 AM (this time is subject to change).

I have never run this trail, but it looks like fun!

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=311

The description in that link seems pretty accurate, although I only came up Hackett from the Y junction they describe. I wouldn't cross the river on less than 33's, unless you have a snorkel(yep, one of the few places it makes sense to have one. The last crossing coming up from Longwater, was pretty deep, took some speed, and the water came pretty close to my open intake on 33's and 4.5". I'll just say that with my 5 spd, I enjoyed having a rear locker and a 4-1 transfer case.

Thanks Fred!

Do you think you will make this trip?

Soooooooooo, from what I can see on the Book of Faces:
"Hell-yeah!" = 1
Maybe = 18

Add me to that "Hell-yeah!" list!

Tic-toc...

Who is going?

I'm bringing my XJ, wife is bringing her JKU. Oddly enough neither one of us has run this trail.

I saw this on FB - I am SO bummed I can't make this run. Looking forward to reconnecting!!! :cheers:

Looks like the heep won't self destruct after Ledly massaged it today, so I'm fairly confident I will be there. And I fixed the wiring to the front locker, on the off chance I may need it. :) I'm fairly sure Jeffro and I won't be there right at 10 am.

Looks like the heep won't self destruct after Ledly massaged it today, so I'm fairly confident I will be there. And I fixed the wiring to the front locker, on the off chance I may need it. :) I'm fairly sure Jeffro and I won't be there right at 10 am.

Be sure to send me a text if we need to wait for you.

I want to make this but my daughters car took a crap and she is using my Jeep. I don't know if I will have it back by then.

If my Ruffstuff parts get here in time to make my door latches I will go...if they don't my doors will not stay closed , so no go ...shall see how fast usps is .

Back