• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Yeti

I'm not getting why it's so difficult to get a mandrel bent tail pipe. Muffler shops do it all day long. Is it just the DIY aspect? Don't wanna sit and wait for a shop to do it?

I know the shop I use would do that piece for cheaper than that Summit muffler/tail pipe kit.

I'm not getting why it's so difficult to get a mandrel bent tail pipe. Muffler shops do it all day long. Is it just the DIY aspect? Don't wanna sit and wait for a shop to do it?

I know the shop I use would do that piece for cheaper than that Summit muffler/tail pipe kit.

Around here, nothing is mandrel bent that I've seen. That Holley kit looks pretty nice. Even give you the nice band clamps.

I've had a 2.5" tailpipe from Bud's muffler for 15 years. Couldn't tell you if it is mandrel bent, and, I seriously doubt if it matters.

But if its not mandrel bent the already gutless 4.0L will be .005% more gutless!!!

Shops don't mandrel bend around here either.
Fabbed the whole exhaust outta mandrel bends, stainless magnaflow hi-flow cat, stnls borla muffler...kinda seems like a waste of time to have done all that & finish it out with a crimped, ugly, more restrictive tailpipe.
I put on the band clamps...bought from Summit. $7-8 each. Nice product.

Guess my question led to a hijack...sorry!

I finally finished the rear main. I started it in January and then got busy. Ended up having to buy another as the first one tore while I was fishing it into place.

i.php

20180310191247-0b2dca20-xl.jpg

20180310191251-89b074c3-xl.jpg

20180310191255-fa3eb9b1-xl.jpg

20180310191258-32c43561-xl.jpg

20180310191303-8eb3399b-xl.jpg

You regretting painting those sliders........ white?
grinyes.gif

You regretting painting those sliders........ white?
grinyes.gif

Nope, not at all. :dunno:

The flares are supposed to be white too, but I have not gotten around to it. And while the rails are exact match stone white paint, they are a bit brighter. Likely due to he age of the rig. So I am concerned the flares will turn out similarly. Plus that crap is like $8 a can.

Last edited:
Uh oh.......

pr-01-191.jpg

Back