• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Camping - Moab KOA

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
The base camp for the 35th Anniversary event will be at the MOAB KOA.

Please read the important information below.

This is a change from campgrounds from years past, so please note that.

Click here to visit the website.

Currently, online registration will not allow you to make a reservation for the event. That is supposed to change on Nov 15th, when you can make reservations for our event online.

You can call now tho and make reservations over the phone for the event. They will be answering the phone in person through October 31st. After that, they will not be answering the phone and only returning messages left with the campground. Again online should be available around November 15th.

When you call or make reservations online, please note that you are from NAXJA. I have talked to them and they are going to accommodate us, and group us together as much as possible when putting reservations together.

If you make a reservation, I need you to PM or email me your real name. In March or April I will start following up with the campground to make sure that they have your reservation and that you are assigned a spot near the rest of the NAXJA group (if that's your desire).

They offer large RV sites, tent camping areas, and many cabins that sleep between 4-6 people.

There is additional trailer parking available in an over flow lot at the campground for $10. That's per your stay, not per night.

There is not a group discount, however, you can join KOA rewards for $30/yr and save 10% on your stay as well as build points for free nights. In my mind, if you are coming for more than a few nights, you'll save money.

They do allow fires. This is an issue in many Moab campgrounds that they do not allow fires. It does require a special fire ring, you can bring one or rent one, more information will be forthcoming on that.

They allow working on vehicles in the campground. However, they do not want anyone changing fluids in the campground (EPA stuff). They also request that folks are not running air wrenches at 4am.

This first post will be fluid and be updated often. I will post in the thread when new information is added.

If you have ANY issues with the campground making a reservation, please contact me and let me know.

mac 'less than a year!' gyvr

Matt 'macgyvr' Rowland
35th Anniversary Event Coordinator
[email protected]

For those of use who do not camp,are any special rates available at any motel/hotels ?

For Hotels, nothing is set up. Let's start another thread on Hotels.

I just called the campground and the rates aren't in the computer for next year. My apologizes on that, I was told by two different people that you could reserve a year from the last day of your planned stay. Apparently the rates for next year aren't in the computer yet.

mac 'come on Nov 15th' gyvr

Just for the heck of it, I called and got pretty much the same info.

FYI, for those who may want to call, the KOA website shows two telephone numbers. The 800 number gets you to a reservation agent in India. Just kidding. Not India. But also not Moab. Call the other number -- (435) 241-7890 -- if you need to speak to someone on site at the Moab KOA.

For the groups' information, I just attempted to make a reservation online and was not able to to so. Apparently, they still haven't set up the system past September, 2018.

Ive been trying everyday since the 15th checking.

As soon as i see it open ill post here.

mac ‘trying’ gyvr

Thanks for keeping an eye on it gents!

I just made mine as well.

Please make sure that you put "attending NAXJA event" in the special instruction portion of the online reservation form.

Also keep posting when you make reservations so I can compare their list with ours early next year to make sure that folks are being grouped together.

mac 'exciting!' gyvr

I booked a cabin for my dad, myself and mark. It's the big one so talking to the reservation people it looks like we'll be on the other side of the campground but oh well. We will just have to walk. KL1 is our current unit. Thought about towing my dad's rig and my rig on a trailer and then towing the camper with another truck, but I figure it's too much trouble to do that. Might as well just get a cabin with gas for two tow rigs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Well looks like we are splitting a big cabin with brother in law and sister. Don't know exactly which one they got just yet.

I think we are getting a cabin off the KOA ground but within drinking distance (stumbling/walking)

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Jeepguy91. Sounds like you'll be getting whatever one we don't have lol. They only have two of the deluxe lodge cabins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Booked a cabin at KOA from 8th through 14th. I have two people driving from North Carolina and Ohio who will be joining me. Maybe more.

Anyone interested in splitting a cabin?

Back