• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will my stroker beat CRASH's stroker?

Jes said:
You got OWNED on the lakebed in JV! I thought you were slowing down to let me by. :D

Jes

BTW Randy, I like your avatar pic. Sunbonnet?

Yeah...I did, but only when it got flat! :)

We'll see how it is next time. Maybe we ought to get those racing nets to put over the windows in case we start getting stupid on those speed runs? :eek: :D

I am in the process of putting a ported/polished HO head on my 89 Renix See post here , and will be adding a late model 2000+ intake, my only concern is the power steering pump, how much of an issue is this gonna pose? I have done a search but did not turn up a writeup on it, sorry to thread hijack!

Josh

I think I'll just have to school you all next time in Johnson Valley...that is if I don't get lost following Eric again :) I'm installing Jon Jacobs "Mad Cow" engine this Spring. I'll throw a '99 Intake on it and a crane cam and see how fast I can get back to camp...although damn I'm gonna need coil-overs on the front as I thought I was gonna bend a front coil on the last adventure across the lake. Jess...yeah that was Sunbonnet thanks to Hinkley's valiant spotting...we all squezed through!

JBrobeck said:
I am in the process of putting a ported/polished HO head on my 89 Renix See post here , and will be adding a late model 2000+ intake, my only concern is the power steering pump, how much of an issue is this gonna pose? I have done a search but did not turn up a writeup on it, sorry to thread hijack!

Josh

You will need to get the power steering bracket for it, look up at the junkyard or get one from the dealer. I think its around 40-50$ from the dealer.

Ravi

How about the tensioner? Is that integrated into the newer Pump bracket, or do I have to add a tensioner someplace?

Josh

JBrobeck said:
How about the tensioner? Is that integrated into the newer Pump bracket, or do I have to add a tensioner someplace?
Josh

Yes it is on the bracket that i got. check for Kurt Yankolonis on JU he had posted his with pictures.

Ravi

Son of a bitch.

I spent HOURS looking for this thread to find out what cam is in big bird.

I knew I'd seen it somewhere long ago.....

Son of a bitch.
I spent HOURS looking for this thread to find out what cam is in big bird.
I knew I'd seen it somewhere long ago.....

A post from the distant past.
It's a shame how so many of the old group are gone.
So much knowledge and experience has disappeared.
Seems to be the situation with many forums, no matter what the topic.

Back