• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC-Fest prep thread

OverlandZJ

NAXJA Member # 101
What mods or repairs have you got planned in preperation for NAC-Fest 08?

Personally i have a new D30 housing getting some lower control arm mount skids, beefed up trackbar and upper pass side arm mounts. Then i'll swap my gearset and the rest of it's components over.

I think i have a broken center pin in my leafspring, need to swap new ones in.

Have a floor patch to weld in.

Today Keith (MDXJ) did the body work i was in dire need of, and we'll shoot the paint in a few weeks. Thanks Keith!!

XJbodywork008.jpg

XJbodywork010.jpg

frt bumper
rockers
floors
get trans back in
rear axle
borrow or buy a set of cheap set of 31's cause i aint drivin on 35's and 3.55's
and some misc crap

I see you got Keiths better side....

On the XJ, I have to swap out a knuckle on my front 44 (long story...), then do the usual "once over" and make sure eveything is solid...

On the MJ, rock rails and better steering (Did you order my draglink yet?? you know who YOU are....;) :laugh: ) and it should be ready.

A.

Andy in Pa. said:
I see you got Keiths better side....

On the XJ, I have to swap out a knuckle on my front 44 (long story...), then do the usual "once over" and make sure eveything is solid...

On the MJ, rock rails and better steering (Did you order my draglink yet?? you know who YOU are....;) :laugh: ) and it should be ready.

A.

For a guy who wears shorts all year long you'd think he'd have better looking legs. :scared:

Keith mentioned you picked up a welder... get to fabbin those rails.

I suppose I'll have to find a spare tire. Unfortunately they're not cheap for 39.5s, and I don't want to stay with these tires any longer than I have to either. Hmm.

Last edited:
Well, my list is currently as follows:

- Fix low temp indication on dash
- Redo headliner
- Finish power mirror swap
- Deal with rusty lower rear quarters
- Swap out my front hooks for shackle brackets (bought with my NACFest 2007 raffle winnings)

Rob

Vetteboy, you got me thinking - too bad you can't rent a spare by the day at the park.

I got the knuckle swapped out on the XJ, and just got the rock rails for the MJ......Ssswwweeettttt....these things are huge.

I should be putting the rock rails on this weekend.

Then it will just be better steering on the MJ....which may or may not happen now, we'll see.

A.

I need to put in my SYE, dana 44, gears, new tires, currie steering, and a aussie. It's just been to cold to work on the heep alot

knuckle_buster said:
Need front shocks, parking brake could work better, and fix the annoying oil leak.:sure:

I spent last saturday swapping a rear main and oilpan gasket, to find out my valve cover is leaking.

Andy tells me you scored a nice XJ, lets see a pic.

I'm finally finishing all the crap I've been putting off for the last year. This is...

- whole interior, floor, mounting stuff, etc.
- get about 1-2" more uptravel in front
---relocate front shock mounts
---add in air bumps in place of OEM bump towers
- ditch OEM steering pump and reservoir
---add TC pump and external res.
- finally swap Dodge 2500 MC in to have a solid brake pedal
- bend up some more tube for exo bars along roof & rear quarters

I also got two front fenders and a new front header panel from a junk jeep so I'm gonna swap those in while I'm at it.

Hopefully I'll get everything painted too...we'll see. It feels good to actually be working on it again instead of fixing stupid crap.

vetteboy said:
I'm finally finishing all the crap I've been putting off for the last year. This is...

- whole interior, floor, mounting stuff, etc.
- get about 1-2" more uptravel in front
---relocate front shock mounts
---add in air bumps in place of OEM bump towers
- ditch OEM steering pump and reservoir
---add TC pump and external res.
- finally swap Dodge 2500 MC in to have a solid brake pedal
- bend up some more tube for exo bars along roof & rear quarters

I also got two front fenders and a new front header panel from a junk jeep so I'm gonna swap those in while I'm at it.

Hopefully I'll get everything painted too...we'll see. It feels good to actually be working on it again instead of fixing stupid crap.

I just had to pick on you a little...

Getting tired of using your tranny as a foot rest?

1 to 2" more uptravel?? The 25" of suspension travel you have now isn't enough? :worship:

Paint it??? Don't you dare go and make that thing all pretty.... none of us will recognize it then. :gee:

Back