• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear axle and leaf springs

92jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I have a question. I am selling a lift kit on Ebay and was asked this question. What axle is the kit for? I honostly don't know and didn't know it made a diffrence. I am running the Rubicon Express 5.5 kit and it came off my buddies truck with a Dana 35 and it swapped over to my Chrysler rearend without a problem . Is this an issue? Or should the kit fit any axle? Here is the link to the page.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=33585&item=2442957015
Let me know what you all think.
Tylor

Its for any axle. That said you can use them on any vehicle with any axle, if you build the mounts. But, If the lift was for a cherokee then they will work w/ any axle.

That's what I was wondering and I appreciate your repsonse man. Thanks
Tylor

There is a difference!there have been several people who got the kit for the D35 w/ 2-3/4" u-bolts when the 8.25" requires 3" bolts!

The ubolts are the only difference on that kit. I know because I got the Dana kit by mistake and they just sent me the 8.25 ubolts to make it right.

true and true. tomken didnt have u bolts for my 44, so they sent me ones for an 8.25 which are wider. so uh, tube sizes are different

Oh, well, I have u bolts for a Dana 35 and that is what I am sending, but I guess I should find out cause if they have any other axle, it won't work. Thanks again guys.

92jeeper said:
Oh, well, I have u bolts for a Dana 35 and that is what I am sending, but I guess I should find out cause if they have any other axle, it won't work. Thanks again guys.
It will work with a different axle, they just need to get new u-bolts.

lol, good idea :explosion theyll have to machine the bolt holes on the spring plates too wont they?

yeah, the springs work on any axle, but the U-bolts have to be diffrent because of the size of the axle tubes. Got it. Thanks again
Tylor

Back